Print Plate 2x thickness of old one

Hello,

When I recieved my new printbed, after my stupid mistake with the first, I noticed 2 major QC issues, the first being, the connector pins on the connector for the buildplate calibrator were shorted together, I'll post pics on monday, and the buildplate was TWICE the thickness of the original, after plugging up everything, I went to calibrate the printer, and the extruder never made it to the second plate in the back... It dragged along the back, and damaged the new buildplate, I'm not happy at all, can I please have help?

I hate to break it to you, but the “quality control issue” of the board being thick is an upgrade, aka V2.

I hate to break it to you, but the "quality control issue" of the board being thick is an upgrade, aka V2.

Still doesn't solve the second, more important issue as to why the nozzle is ramming into the build plate when auto calibrating, Also, what about the solder being shorted on the pins to the printbed?

Left and middle pin of the connector are shorted on my M200 thats o.k.

Measure them (left and middle) to the right pin, should have no connection.

Then measure right pin to the five metallic contact areas on the bed.

They should be connected to the right pin.

Contact areas and nozzle have to be clean (providing contact) also.

If this all works, the problem is behind the connector.

To add to what renegade said, now that it had rammed into the bed it may have damaged the metal contact, so even if you figure out the short it might not work. What I would suggest to check is, start a random print, and then after the head moves when the bed starts moving up shut the printer off (this will get the nozzle in the correct position). Now raise the platform by hand until it is snug against the nozzle, then check the resistance between the right contact and somewhere on the nozzle (make sure you choose a nice clean spot). There should be almost no resistance. If there’s high resistance or completely disconnected, then the nozzle isn’t making proper connection to the board.

To add to what renegade said, now that it had rammed into the bed it may have damaged the metal contact, so even if you figure out the short it might not work. What I would suggest to check is, start a random print, and then after the head moves when the bed starts moving up shut the printer off (this will get the nozzle in the correct position). Now raise the platform by hand until it is snug against the nozzle, then check the resistance between the right contact and somewhere on the nozzle (make sure you choose a nice clean spot). There should be almost no resistance. If there's high resistance or completely disconnected, then the nozzle isn't making proper connection to the board.

Thanks, but the biggest issue of mine is that the extruder quite simply never reaches the second of the back contacts, it always almost makes it there, but never touches the secondary contact, it always is off by a few cm.

Thanks, but the biggest issue of mine is that the extruder quite simply never reaches the second of the back contacts, it always almost makes it there, but never touches the secondary contact, it always is off by a few cm.

So what you are saying... The extruder never reaches the silver square in X/Y. It is hitting the white part of platform when Z is lifting.. Correct? Or... Are you saying that the extruder is over the silver square but Z never goes up high enough to touch the nozzle...

So you’re talking about during calibration then? Like it calibrates on the first pad, and then drags over towards the second but doesn’t reach it? Does it calibrate correctly on the first one or does the nozzle crash into it too?

So you're talking about during calibration then? Like it calibrates on the first pad, and then drags over towards the second but doesn't reach it? Does it calibrate correctly on the first one or does the nozzle crash into it too?

Calibrates correctly on first, then like you described, doesn't reach it.

Check all set screws.. I think you have a motor pulley slipping..

Check all set screws.. I think you have a motor pulley slipping..

Thanks!