Printer shortcutting some paths

Hello,

anyone has an idea why printer around curved paths creates sometimes shortcuts?

BR

PM

Those are not shortcuts that is where the filament did not stick and was stretched across to a new location

Hello,

anyone has an idea why printer around curved paths creates sometimes shortcuts?

BR

PM

If you can send this .stl file to support@zortrax.com it will help to analyze and fix this case.

Best Regards

Martin

If you can send this .stl file to support@zortrax.com it will help to analyze and fix this case.

Best Regards

Martin

Also, it would be great if you could check your extruder cable before you write to us. It can be damaged and therefore, the prints are damaged aswell.

Unfortunately, I got the same problems with a print. It is actually a countersink, but for any reason the extruder is not able to get the filament stick to the already printed material. I also already checked the extruder cable. It seems to be in good condition.

Unfortunately, I got the same problems with a print. It is actually a countersink, but for any reason the extruder is not able to get the filament stick to the already printed material. I also already checked the extruder cable. It seems to be in good condition.

I have a roll of white Zhips that does that. I did a print with it the other day, I pulled the support and it ripped the outer layers of the material off. I had to use abs slurry and glue to put it back on and sand it to look atlas a bit proper. 

Thankfully I am almost out of that white Zhips. I have a roll of Black ZHips but after that is gone I won't be using Zhips anymore. It left a bad taste in mouth and seems nobody wants ZHips.

But I got the strings while printing and not when I started to pull off support or raft. I know it is possbile to fix the print but printing such a countersink is nothing difficult for a good 3d printer. I can even easily print this with my MendelMax. So there seems to be something wrong. I think it is probably a filament or a Z-suite issue. 

I forgot to mention that I even fixed the file with netfabb. 

As Drew stated, that is filament that didn't stick to previous layers so it got stretched across the curves. I have seen it a couple of times with inward curves on the bottom of some models. It probably has to do with a combination of:

- The pointy round tip of the Zortrax nozzle, it's great for fine details but might be less good a bridging extruded filament.

- The software that makes the code: if the lines of the curved layers are printed first on the outside they sometimes don't have anything to stick to. If the inside wall/infill is printed first I think there is less chance of stringing.

I saw this with some other printers too by the way but more with my M200, it needs a bit more support material that could prevent this.

i think 3dwp nailed it. the outside-inside wall order is most probably the main cause of this, combined with all the other mentioned points