Printing process is not complete

Hallo,

I am dental technician and new here. I have a Zortrax M200 for a week and have a problem with my printing results.

The printing process is not complete. It seems that the objects are only up to 88% printed. Does anyone have an idea what I’m doing wrong?

Configuration

Z-Suite v0.0.9.6

Z-ABS

Layer 0.09mm

Speed Normal

Infill Light

Support 20°

Fan Speed Auto

Thanks for the quick reply!

I have not set the pause function. I´ve made these screenshots afterwards just to illustrate the problem. Do you have any other Idea?

I would be very grateful for further suggestions.

Did you print with regular seams or random seams?

Did you print with regular seams or random seams?

Good point - I sometimes get partial prints when using random seams.  It depends on the resolution selected and the part - some parts print fine at any resolution with random seams, some print only at certain resoltions and some not at all with random seams.

Mike

Good point - I sometimes get partial prints when using random seams.  It depends on the resolution selected and the part - some parts print fine at any resolution with random seams, some print only at certain resoltions and some not at all with random seams.

Mike

Happened to me also a few times.

Anyway, random seams produces even uglier results than normal seam. I keep away from random seams.

I printed these objects with normal seams!

Try saving zcode to folder on computer and then move to card. Maybe it didn’t save full zcode to card.

Try saving zcode to folder on computer and then move to card. Maybe it didn't save full zcode to card.

I already tried this without success. Also the print platform has moved down at the end of the printing process.

Hi Konstatinos,

Did you figure this out?

I just tried my first print and it stopped at 86%, platform moved down.

Hi ssangster,

Unfortunately I have not found a clear solution. Yesterday I tried again to print an object with 0.09mm layer with the same effect. The print is stopped at 45% and the lift is moved down. Then I printed the same object with a 0.14mm layer and it worked. re-sliced the same object with 0.09mm, re-saved and printed again. The process is stopped at 45%. I was desperate also because of the message of support in bug tracker http://forum.zortrax.com/index.php?/tracker/issue-4-printing-process-is-not-complete/ . Then i changed the power supply socket. To my surprise ran the printing process without any problems. I'm not sure if that is the reason for the error. I want to run more tests to clarify that.

Hi Konstantinos,

I have a reply from support, and they say it is the sd card reader/display.

They are hopefully sending me a new one.

Yes, the SD card reader/LCD can cause this… I had the same mid print stop issue and they sent me a new one… But this was on a V1 a year ago… There shouldn’t be any old style LCD’s around anymore…is your printer a V1?

Hi Andre,

Just got the printer at the start of the week, it is hardware version 04.

Today I printed a Konstantinos"s STL who sent me and I had the same problem … in several months of prints I had never happened … could be the process by which create STL? I don’t think the card reader I’ve never had problems before …

Help… :frowning:

Hi Guys,

I got my printer about a week ago and it has started doing this.

First time it happened at 36% complete and last at 98% complete. During the print the bed suddenly lowers but the screens till displays the progress bar. I have waited to see if it resumes but nothing.

A single click of the button brings it back to the main menu as if nothing had been printing at all. 

This has happened with two different STL files using different layer heights, and on normal and high speeds. I have also used a couple of different SD cards.

I would contact support but it says that my serial number is incorrect.

Any ideas.

Thanks

James

I wonder if it could be the LCD problem that some V1 printers had..  Send your issue to Zortrax support.

Just got the printer on Monday and printed 4 objects before it stopped on the fifth print at 50%. Have tried changing the file, recalibrating, and putting the printer on a sole power source, but it still wont complete the print. Any suggestions?  

You guys need to contact support… It really looks like the old LCD bug is back. Back then, the only fix was to remove the rear cover of the LCD and then lay the LCD board on its back on a piece of paper…so that the PCB does not touch the housing anywhere. This worked for many of us V1 owners until the upgraded replacement LCD arrived.

Of course it could also be something else…but I think it’s worth a try.

Maybe Zortrax can chime in here?

Hi Rafal,

It is good to know that the Zortrax team makes thoughts about this problem. However, I would point out the following. As you can see in my entry in bug tracker http://forum.zortrax.com/index.php?/tracker/issue-4-printing-process-is-not-complete/ has m4cias the same Z-code, that does not worked for me, successfully printed. Last week I have tried to print a small object. Two times it did not work but the third time it worked perfectly. The same Stl file with the same z-code! I should mention that the Stl files that I use are generated by a professional dental application and verified for further processing in the CNC and SLM technology. Of course you can never be 100% sure, but I never had problems with this Stl files.

Which function has actually the visualization of the Z-codes in the Z-Suite? Maybe I'm wrong, but I assume that it is the simulation of the printing process. If my guess is correct, then would be possible errors and problems, associated with the print object, visible. So, if I import an incomplete or incorrect Stl file in Z-suite, then the z-code would be incorrect or incomplete. And this should be visible in the simulation.

Another thought. Even an incomplete or faulty model corresponds to 100% of the layers which have been calculated. So if the hardware is fine and there is no bug in the Z-suite, I would have a bad or incomplete object, but the printing process would have to run till 100%. And this is definitely not the case. The printing stops in the middle of the process, the printing platform moves down and the print-head stops on the last position!

I´m not an expert, but I think that this problem can´t be on the Stl files.

I hope I have expressed myself well enough (my English is not so good). What do you think about?

Try the LCD removal...if it helps you have the answer.