question about part fitting

I'm in need of some cases that are bigger than the M200s build area, that's why I designed a case that's built of several parts with the main body being 2 parts.

I am not satisfied how the parts fit together and fear that I will not get it better because of different shrinkage at the connecting areas in the middle.

Any tips, ideas how to get it done?

You could try heating the part a bit, making it mildly plastic, fit the pieces, restrain (foil tape?) and let it cool.

If the part is compliant enough, redesign the seam with a key, so when you assemble they are forced into matching position.

Could try printing as smaller pieces to reduce total warping.

Another might be to embrace the seam, and make it part of the design

You could add a feature to hide the seam, such as an o-ring

... then there is filling, sanding, priming, paint :P

1. You could try heating the part a bit, making it mildly plastic, fit the pieces, restrain (foil tape?) and let it cool.

2. If the part is compliant enough, redesign the seam with a key, so when you assemble they are forced into matching position.

3. Could try printing as smaller pieces to reduce total warping.

4. Another might be to embrace the seam, and make it part of the design

5. You could add a feature to hide the seam, such as an o-ring

6... then there is filling, sanding, priming, paint :P

6. is not for me, I'm no sculptor.

4. I could also print it with a RepRap instead and embrace the results, actually it's not only the seam but also the upper edges.

1. / 3. IMHO would not work or create reasonable results.

2. is already used, but maybe I could extend that to some degree

5. not bad, that could be made part of the design.

Maybe mixing 2. and 5. could produce acceptable results, Thanks.

Is the seam in the middle the top of both parts or is it printing in a horizontal position as shown? I hope the ABS holds up to heat of those tubes.. ;)

Sand paper and epoxy putty  ;) After all black matt paint.

Or start to print parts rotating it around 45 degree for me it result with better quality than flat prints.

Is the seam in the middle the top of both parts or is it printing in a horizontal position as shown? I hope the ABS holds up to heat of those tubes.. ;)

You're right, the seam is the top of the part the way I printed it.

The tubes can be touched without getting burned, should be no deal for the ABS case.