REPLACEMENT FAN INSTRUCTIONS

GUYS,

I have to replace a fan and i read the instructions, and they leave alot to be desired.

when i replace the new fan you want me to cover the wires with shrink tubing?

i dont think you want me to cut off the connector on the new fan i am putting in ?

The first time I replaced my fan, I cut the connector and soldered the wires together and used the old wires that were already threaded in the tube.

The second time I just used a zip tie and ran the wire along the outside of the block and it worked fine.

I personally do not know how to do this, but I’m pretty sure that the plug will come off the end of your fan wire so you can feed it in

thanks

I personally do not know how to do this, but I'm pretty sure that the plug will come off the end of your fan wire so you can feed it in

The JST XH connector on the end of the fan wires up at the extruder PCB uses crimped-on contacts, not easily reusable. The easiest way is to cut and splice down near the fan somewhere. If you want to do a neat job you need to remove the extruder heatsink to gain access to the wiring tunnel, then fish the wires through the tunnel. I'm not sure if you can get the connector through the tunnel, you may have to cut it off especially with all the other wire in there at the same time. Once you've got the wires up to the PCB you can splice up there, or you can get XH crimp contacts and put the connector directly onto your new fan's wires with no splice.