Second fan

I am planning on putting a second fan on my m2oo any advice , how do I get power to it and which fan do I tie it with, top or bottom, and the best files for it

Thanks for your help

Is the benefit of a second fan better all around cooling? And is the strength and auto setting the same as the one one the right?

I am planning on putting a second fan on my m2oo any advice , how do I get power to it and which fan do I tie it with, top or bottom, and the best files for it

Thanks for your help

You'll have to splice the fan wiring going to the bottom fan.

Question for you is why would you like to add the second fan if no one has seen much benefit from adding the second fan?

I believe Sam usually turns his off generally and only turns it on for small parts but he's not quite sure if it does benefit from the additional fan.

An additional fan would most likely benefit PLA if that was available 

I am going to print PewDiePie keychain tomorrow. Surface finish was worse on fanless side when I printed it with single fan.

I just hope I have enough grey Z-ABS. 

http://forum.zortrax.com/index.php?/topic/1556-pewdiepie-keychain/

I printed it yesterday with single fan and it came out perfect. 

This bellow is the picture on how it looked when I printed it first time with exactly the same settings. I suspect that I had printed this keychain just before I figured out that lower fan is broken. Maybe I printed it as well as some other models without knowing that fan doesn't work.

P4251983 (Medium).JPG

Honestly, I still don't know the impact of second fan on print quality. I will have to do some more tests.

I finally got around to installing the second fan on my printer it works much better for small parts I can do things I never could before, when I printed a very small part I had to print a sacrificial lamb to let the part cool, now it will print them , I think this is a must do

Could you please tell how did u do this? Stl file for fan holding, mounting etc.

I think it was Trhuster who designed and published the second fan mount, but I can't find the post :(

I think it was Trhuster who designed and published the second fan mount, but I can't find the post :(

I just found this post: http://forum.zortrax.com/index.php?/topic/449-dual-fan-experiment/

I got the STL file from thingiverse, and the 40mm fan from e bay and I cut and spliced the wires from the bottom fan

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Computer-Cooler-40mm-Cooling-fan-12-volt-DC-2-pin-/151663886377?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item234fdf4029

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:619003

Second fans how to got power? :)

Thank you, and one question: did you notice any bad impact of double fan? For example to fast cooling = layers not glued enough? Firmware is optimized for one fan, so maybe 100% cooling for two fans is inadvisable in some situations?

And you got power for it from:

(...) I cut and spliced the wires from the bottom fan

I'm not electronically savvy at all.  But if you use the same power supply via a splice to 2 instead of 1 fan, doesn't that make both fans spin at half the rpm of having the same amperage going to 1 fan?  In other words 2 fans is the same amount of airflow it's just now split to both sides of nozzle?

I'm not electronically savvy at all.  But if you use the same power supply via a splice to 2 instead of 1 fan, doesn't that make both fans spin at half the rpm of having the same amperage going to 1 fan?  In other words 2 fans is the same amount of airflow it's just now split to both sides of nozzle?

No, the same voltage will be presented to both fans if they're wired in parallel. The fans present a small load (120mA or so) to the 24V printer power supply compared to the heaters and motors.

Thank you, and one question: did you notice any bad impact of double fan? For example to fast cooling = layers not glued enough? Firmware is optimized for one fan, so maybe 100% cooling for two fans is inadvisable in some situations?

And you got power for it from:

I have not had no negative impact yet with the second fan yet

Thanks for your help

Hi,how do I get power for the second fan.

Hi,how do I get power for the second fan.

Really? Try reading the post from the beginning. It will tell you what fan to TIE into and a link to the file for the fan shroud on thingeverse.