Skull

I just wanted to print something perty. :smiley: I think someone else printed this here…but I can’t remember…it’s on Thingiverse: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:29114

It turned out pretty good. Some splitting as it cooled and I can’t remove the raft from the bottom (partly because it sat for so many hours since the bed doesn’t turn off yet and partly because I don’t think the bottom is totally flat). In the eye sockets on the bottom (which would be a curved, top surface are less than perfect)…and bottom surfaces (under outside of eye socket) are also rough.

But the quality is really hard to explain…because other than a few things (which will improve over time in the firmware/software) it’s crazy good. Pictures really emphasize the layers, but I struggle with to see layers with my own eyes (other than on the very top where it’s curved and only decreasing layer height would improve the stepping effect). My Afinia (UP! Plus) at .20mm is really great too, but I can see more layers with my eyes there (but it’s only a little more…maybe the .01?)

I don’t see it on this print, but I have noticed a bit of ghosting on some things which I don’t get on my Afinia.

I printed with 30 or 40 degree support angle.

I get some delamination on large tall parts as well. Wonder what the cure is.

It’s sort of the nature of ABS. I think enclosing things would help a lot (although I have an enclosure on my Afinia and from time to time I still get it).

[quote name=Kyle]I get some delamination on large tall parts as well. Wonder what the cure is.
[/quote]

Sad to say that first batch of Z-ABS was with small issue now it is solved.

And ‘Z-STRONG’ material also will go into manufacturing together with Z-PCABS, I’m able to print without enclosure biggest objects in cold room (15C) without single delayeration or warping just Z-STRONG is more shiny and a little unfriendly for support removal.

Best Regards

[quote name=LonV]But the quality is really hard to explain…because other than a few things (which will improve over time in the firmware/software) it’s crazy good. Pictures really emphasize the layers, but I struggle with to see layers with my own eyes… My Afinia (UP! Plus) at .20mm is really great too, but I can see more layers with my eyes there
[/quote]

I agree. I think the superior mechanical construction and precision of the 'trax accounts for the difference. Apart from toolpath artifacts which are hopefully fixable in software, the layers are deposited with perfect consistency and in perfect alignment.

[quote name=Martin Olchanowski][quote=Kyle]I get some delamination on large tall parts as well. Wonder what the cure is.
[/quote]

And ‘Z-STRONG’ material also will go into manufacturing together with Z-PCABS, I’m able to print without enclosure biggest objects in cold room (15C) without single delayeration or warping just Z-STRONG is more shiny and a little unfriendly for support removal.

Best Regards
[/quote]

Hi Martin, is Zpcabs as good with support a Zabs?

[quote name=dhatw][quote=Martin Olchanowski][quote=Kyle]I get some delamination on large tall parts as well. Wonder what the cure is.
[/quote]

Best Regards
[/quote]

Hi Martin, is Zpcabs as good with support a Zabs?
[/quote]

Yes I printed it with default Z-ABS configuration, support was very easy to remove.

Best Regards