Some maintenance help?

Hi there,

So I have just received my M200 and boy am i happy with it  :D . I've done quite a few prints already but the hotend is now becoming black from the filament that remains on it.

How do I clean the Hotend, should I just remove the Hotend and place into an Acetone bath ? 

What is the best way to remove the filament that gets stuck in the little holes of the perforated platform ? right now im just trying to poke it out with the tweezer ;)

Thanks

Hi,

Zortrax support center :

http://support.zortrax.com/hc/en-us/articles/201002022-Cleaning-the-Nozzle

Thanks Ted, videos are allot of fun to watch.

What is the best way to remove the filament that gets stuck in the little holes of the perforated platform ? right now im just trying to poke it out with the tweezer

There is no need to remove plastic from the perfboard holes, in fact, having some plastic in there can help with adhesion since the next print will melt into the plastic in the holes. Eventually some plastic will get pushed through to the other side, though, and cause the height of the perfboard to rise slightly. When you notice the first raft layer getting too thin or hear clicking from the extruder on the first layer it's time to remove the perfboard and scrape the protruding bits on the bottom side flush, using the scraper tool.

Thanks Julia, I just read a comment on the shoutbox, and I must say I fully agree, we need an Ask Julia thread :D . You have been very helpful, thanks.