Space Battleship Yamato

This is one of my first large print (58cm long), which is not finished / painted yet.

The parts where bond togehter with ABS slurp, which where also used to filled the gaps and makes are very strong connection.

I'm very impress how easy ABS slurp bond the parts, even small broken parts could be easily repaired.

Source:

https://www.youmagine.com/designs/yamato-style-spaceship

Great print!  I've been experimenting with Gorilla Super Glue to bond ABS parts with and it's pretty good but not great.  Can you explain what ABS slurp is and how to use it to glue parts and repair?

Great print! I've been experimenting with Gorilla Super Glue to bond ABS parts with and it's pretty good but not great. Can you explain what ABS slurp is and how to use it to glue parts and repair?

it is usually made from acetone with ABS scrap melted into it acetone dissolves abs so it really isn't a glue so much as a weld material. if you go to your local beauty supply store you can buy a nice large cheap bottle of pure acetone its is usually used to remove nail polish at the same time you can pick up again very cheap small empty nail polish bottles with the brush in cap fill them with acetone and clip up small pieces of your abs into them thus creating a colored liquid abs that you can use to both weld parts together and fill in gaps or holes and even paint different colors of ABS on to an ABS part.

Regards

Drew

I like feries

My local beauty supply store is called Home Depot or Ace Hardware. You need 100% Acetone not watered down nail polish remover so be sure to check the label.. only takes a drop or two to bond parts. This is a great style bottle to use. Plasticare in Englewood carries them.. http://www.dx.com/p/wlxy-plastic-dispensing-solvent-bottle-w-needle-translucent-white-20ml-308300#.VTvPt5M8rw0

I use Bob Smith glue from Amazon and it is good to get accelerator. You can also get 

Weld-On #4.

for larger surface parts, how does Titebond Wood Glue II or III work, stay away or ok if you are using wood dowels?

Want to use metal or wood dowels and ABS.  Guessing the ABS slurp and acetone won't do much for adhering to wood or metal so wondering if there is a descent cross glue?

I would think for wood dowels it would be fine. It should cause them to swell and create a tight fit.

OK.  Thanks Kyle, I just posted in my other current topic pics of what I'm trying to fix..I'm going to give the TB II a shot.  Owe you several beers now... always happy to pay that kind of debt too..