support for the dremel versatip

hi everyone, 

I created a support to cool the Dremel VersaTip I use to remove white spots

Nice - did you upload the STL anywhere?

it would be nice to have the stl. Maybe you can upload it to thingiverse, so it would be available to the whole community?

here is the .stl

That's not Thingiverse.... :P

haha yes i know but I have no account Thingiverse

I will create one soon

Sinner.... lol

:ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Thanks for the STL!

Mike

Thanks!

I was thinking of getting a Versa Tip. Are they very useful with prints?

Wasnt sure if they burn the prints or melt them too much when forming. I figureded they would help taking supports off prints

yes it's usefull to remove the withe spot

you need a little practice to use it well.

but if you put it on low  and use it at 3cm from the object, it wont burn 

careful not to use it after having practiced a bath vapors acétonne it makes a weird chemical reaction

I knew I saw this somewhere! I just couldn't find it so i made one as well :)

00cswi8l.jpg

I have attached the STL. Not sure about uploading it to thingiverse, because the versatip name is trademarked and dremel might check thingiverse more than this forum.

I really like the versatip, with the small hot air attachment it works way better than a lighter to remove white spots. 

here is the .stl

Has any one printed Bounty's stand?  I just loaded the STL into ZSuite 0.0.9.5 and the imported file shows a single part with an inverted cone base and the cylinder in ZSuite.  After slicing only the inverted cone is left and the cylinder disappears.  Are there supposed to be two parts to this and if so how can I find the other one?

Mike 

hi mike 

the object is in one part

hi mike 

the object is in one part

Thanks - I'll try some different settings.

Thanks - I'll try some different settings.

For some reason "Random" seam screws it up. Use "Normal" seam and you're good to go..

Thanks Kyle.  It worked OK with 0.09 mm layers in Z-ABS but all other layer settings were messed up.  If I remember I'll send the file to support tonight after work for them to look at.

Mike

Thanks Kyle.  It worked OK with 0.09 mm layers in Z-ABS but all other layer settings were messed up.  If I remember I'll send the file to support tonight after work for them to look at.

Mike

That is strange.. Mine worked on all layer settings until I selected random seam..

here is the .stl

THANKS!