Thoughts about Autocalibration

Hi all!

I just received my new Zortrax yesterday and it's exactly as fun as I hoped for, but I have some suggestions to Chris:

1. Just state if the platform is high or low, or use the terms "tighten the screw" and "loosen the screw" since "clockwise" and "anti clockwise" depends on if you look above or underneath the platform.
  2. After succeeded Autocalibration move the printer head to the same place as after succeeded print so it don't drip plastic in the middle just before prints. This is probably not a big issue since I don't think you would need to calibrate the platform before every prints, however I probably will since I'm precision damaged from work...

First print attached: Center drill jig for a wood bar (to make 4 legs on a furniture....)

Beat regards!

_OTT3870.JPG

Just state if the platform is high or low, or use the terms "tighten the screw" and "loosen the screw" since "clockwise" and "anti clockwise" depends on if you look above or underneath the platform.

THIS, I have dealt with this so much. SO many people get it backwards and end up ranting at customer support for it thinking the printer is broken.

THIS, is just one of the things I love (and believe me that's rare with that firmware)!  :ph34r:

Personally I would expect it to stay like it is, because anyone from the mechanical noob (like me) to the genius engineer can (should be able to) read a (analogue) clock.

I don' want to think about how a screw (and it's thread orientation) move something depending to the direction I move the screw, instead: clockwse or the other way round is totally clear and foolproof.

If you put your hand on that screw you always know how to turn it clockwise or anticlockwise, just look on your watch (or imagine it if you do not wear one).

It doesn't matter on what arm it is or at what angle you look on that screw, look at the watch and you know how to turn the screw, that's it.

2. nd point is one of the issues that should have been fixed in an early alpha release among many other things.