[Tips & Tricks] Warping issue solution v1.0
Symptoms: Raft structure deforms from the platform
- Disconnect the connectors from the platform.
2. Prepare Allen key number 2 - the key can be found in the set that came with the printer.
3. Unscrew screws from the perforated platform.
- Remove material remains using a cloth.
- Remove material remains from the bottom part of perforated plate using spatula.
- Using sandpaper (150-400 grit), wipe the perforated platform several times until the surface will be matte.
WARNING: Be careful not to damage the connector.
- Using a vacuum cleaner or compressor to clean the perforated platform with residues.
- Using a cloth with acetone, clean your perforated platform.
- How to prepare Z-ABS juice:
- prepare a metal or glass container/bottle that can be closed
- prepare acetone
- prepare Pure White Z-ABS, you can also use a raft and support
Cut the pieces Pure White Z-ABS or raft/support and put them into a container.
Fill the container with acetone, and wait for about 2-3 hours, mixing from time to time.
After 2-3 hours, Z-ABS should be dissolved, forming a slurry-like milk.
10. Bend perforated platform as on the pictures.
WARNING: Do not use too much strength.
11. Mount the perforated platform.
12. Place the platform on the printer and connect the wires.[/size]
13. Level the build plate: Use the autocalibration option or do it manually - http://youtu.be/iKOIyPcaD-M
- Upon completion of leveling platform, turn on the printer and wait until the platform will be hot. Then, using a cloth, apply several layers of juice Z-ABS on the platform.