Unable to remove raft from print

And yet more disapointment today,

Please see the picture attached, this time the print actually broke since the bottom layers came off while trying to remove the raft.

The raft is still attached to the bottom layers. WTF!

I just keep on making parts that end up in the trashcan. I wonder what I will throw away tomorrow??

What can I do?? 

Jordyattachicon.gif20150624_212917.jpg

Hey there Jordy

Please contact our customer support team regarding this issue, as we will need some more info (details) from you: support@zortrax.com . Try to be as specific as you can. Also, it's always helpful for us if you provide your S/N, hardware and purchase date.

Regards,

Chris

• sometimes I use this method: in Z-Suite I put 'pause' in 0%. It makes printer stop just after raft is made, and then I hit "continue printing". It takes some time, the raft surface is cooling down and it's easier to take off part from the raft.

very good idea, especially for this issue    :)

If I’m not mistaken the lower fan isn’t running when the raft is printed (or at least very slowly)

But it is running while the first layer is being laid down.

Ow Yeah!!

Older version of Z-suite did the trick!!

When it comes to small objects the raft comes loose of the print really easy.

When a newer version of Z-suite comes out I hope they will consider changing it back (or improving it for smaller prints)

Thank everybody for the quick reactions and great suggestions!!

Jordy Ruigrok

Ow Yeah!!

Older version of Z-suite did the trick!!

When it comes to small objects the raft comes loose of the print really easy.

When a newer version of Z-suite comes out I hope they will consider changing it back (or improving it for smaller prints)

Thank everybody for the quick reactions and great suggestions!!

Jordy Ruigrok

Thanks for feedback Jordy. We will keep that in mind in the beta phases.

There some update in resolving issue about raft attachment to the print? i see this post is very old, but i’ve still the same problem. i thik is betther to print without raft, but i want to check if there’s a way to do it

Hi man,
Yes indeed, it has been a while. Got my second printer already, m200 plus, but nowadays you can change the 1st layer gap in Z-suite. This wasnt possible a when I posted this topic. Bigger gap should make it easier to remove raft. Good luck!
Cheers