unnormal sound - where does it come from?

Hi guys, 

I printed quiet a lot on my Zortrax M200 (only a 3/4 year old) and I noticed that my printer does an unnormal sound. But I can't locate what causes it. 

I just checked the grub screws in the pulleys and they all had been tight. 

Here is a video: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t0e430x9b3161ko/VIDEO0105.mp4?dl=0

The sound is oscillating and always appears when the printhead moves to the front of the printer. 

Any ideas? Does anyone already had the same occurrence? I couldn't find something like that in this forum or on the Zortrax support site. They always dealed with clicking sounds or layer shifting, but my sound is different.

Thanks in advance! 

I have something similar but I can't quite make out your sound.

Mine is a creaking sound and I can't figure out which side it is coming from, left back or right back and whether it is the bearings or something else. It bugs the hell out of me but doesn't affect the prints, its just annoying.

I checked all the grub screws and made sure they weren't loose or too tight. i even stand and feel the printer to try and feel any vibrations like I am somehow "Daredevil" hahaha 

Video of creaking

Does your noise affect your prints?

Your link is just an image. Maybe this helps you: http://forum.zortrax.com/index.php?/topic/1792-how-to-adjust-belt-tension/?hl=belt

I think it doesn't affect my prints. You have to listen very carefully. It sounds different when the print head moves down (to the front of the printer). 

Your link is just an image. Maybe this helps you: http://forum.zortrax.com/index.php?/topic/1792-how-to-adjust-belt-tension/?hl=belt

I think it doesn't affect my prints. You have to listen very carefully. It sounds different when the print head moves down (to the front of the printer). 

Ok. Thanks Sorry bout that. I think I fixed it now,

Was it a creak sound on yours? I heard a click or a creak that almost sounded like mine did before

So what do you think was the reason of your problem? 

I think it sounds as if something is grinding or rubbing slightly. 

the sound might comes from the four 6mm rods that the printer head is attatched to. Grab them with your fingers and try to move them back and forth to see if they have any play. If yes then tighten a bit the 2 small m2 screws that holds them to their black carriege.

For some reason I didnt hear my creaking today. 

I cleaned my block last night. Took fans off and cleaned, took stepper of and cleaned, tightened everything, even the pub was loose because the screws weren't getting enough grip so I ground down the plastic housing. 

Dunno but maybe a fluke and will have to check again in a day or two to make sure....I doubt its gone, maybe just cause was using Zglass and the heat bed was off causing less heat overall. 

hmmm.... lol

I've had this grinding in the last 2 new units I bought.

It's the 6mm linear bearings in the extruder block sliding on the central gantry rods.

Be careful not to over tighten the grub screws that secure them, just nip them lightly.

If I were to have a guess I'd say the supplier of these bearings has added extra "chinesium" to the last batch.