Update suggestions

Hi Marcin,

Any news on this?

Tomorrow. We’ve found a small bug, so - sorry, I didn’t mean to misled you :frowning:

Tomorrow. We've found a small bug, so - sorry, I didn't mean to misled you :(

Was it the Z-axis? I loose sleep worrying about it. Does your team measure dimensions on every release of z-suite ?  

[url=http://forum.zortrax.com/index.php?/topic/2871-z-suite-180-released/?view=getnewpost]1.8.0[/url]

Was it the Z-axis? I loose sleep worrying about it. Does your team measure dimensions on every release of z-suite ?  

Whats wrong exactly? I haven't heard anything since last problems

I thought we were getting negative offsets in this version of z-suite :(

I thought we were getting negative offsets in this version of z-suite :(

its hard to please everyone :(

its hard to please everyone :(

Yeah I understand, not complaining just expressing my disappointment. It's the one feature I was waiting for after your "sneak peak".

Is it still on the cards? 

Personally for me editable support is the most important closely followed by setting top and bottom surface thickness and thirdly being able to set the seem position. I can do the offsets myself in 3rd party software before importing into z-suite but the other three I obviously can not.

It is important for a lot of the parts I do that all outer surfaces are the same thickness. For example on a rectangular part I print for one of my customers in shear it is stronger when applying force from the top than the bottom because the top surface is thicker. This makes it really hard to give figures on strength. 

Don't get me wrong it's great that Z-suite auto generates more top layers than before but I need to be able to make the top and bottom layers match.

Yeah I understand, not complaining just expressing my disappointment. It's the one feature I was waiting for after your "sneak peak".

Is it still on the cards? 

Personally for me editable support is the most important closely followed by setting top and bottom surface thickness and thirdly being able to set the seem position. I can do the offsets myself in 3rd party software before importing into z-suite but the other three I obviously can not.

It is important for a lot of the parts I do that all outer surfaces are the same thickness. For example on a rectangular part I print for one of my customers in shear it is stronger when applying force from the top than the bottom because the top surface is thicker. This makes it really hard to give figures on strength. 

Don't get me wrong it's great that Z-suite auto generates more top layers than before but I need to be able to make the top and bottom layers match.

Tops are planned to be back, dunno about negative offsets - I was pretty sure thats going to be implemented, however some issues appeared.

Tops are planned to be back, dunno about negative offsets - I was pretty sure thats going to be implemented, however some issues appeared.

This is great news about the tops,  offsets I can live without.

What about configurable support is it still scheduled for Q2? and do you think manual seam placement will ever become reality?

I guess the request for "support from build platform only" is already brought up here, but i do it again with a real scenario.

I have this cooler for a Wanhao printer that i printed before (on the Wanhao) but is impossible to print on the Zortrax machine.

The problem is that the support material is stuck in the cooler.

I guess the request for "support from build platform only" is already brought up here, but i do it again with a real scenario.

I have this cooler for a Wanhao printer that i printed before (on the Wanhao) but is impossible to print on the Zortrax machine.

The problem is that the support material is stuck in the cooler.

Have you tried to print it without support at all?

No, but i can try. The other printer failed with no support in the holes over the build plate but maybe I have more luck with the M200.

Whats wrong exactly? I haven't heard anything since last problems

Its ok Marcin, Think it was fake news.

Have you tried to print it without support at all?

Got some spaghetti as expected in the vents facing build plate and the mounting holes, but surprised how good it handle the large bridging area.

My compliments to the chefs at Zortra :slight_smile:

Still want better support tools ;)

Would like cancel before raft is done.

Would like to be able to move XY axis through menu.

EDIT: Or just center print head from the menu.

Firmware suggestions that would be nice:

-An option for preheat (bed + nozzle) for every material

-Ability to read folders on SD card

Would like cancel before raft is done.

Would like to be able to move XY axis through menu.

EDIT: Or just center print head from the menu.

Assuming you are aware you can move the printhead manually when the printer is off?

Would still be nice to have this option in the menu, I cant personally think of a scenario where moving manually wouldn't do the trick however (doesn't mean there isn't one :) )

Yep, I that was the annoyance - had to turn the printer off just to move the axis then turn it on just to clean the extruder gear. 

Post moved to Bug Tracker, Feature Request

Post moved to Bug Tracker, Feature Request