Update suggestions

Post moved to thread Retraction Issues

I am looking forward to get a function to move the printhead manually in X and Y in maintenance mode......just to verify problems or checking the movement after some repair or maintenance;-)

Good morning, you can add the function to the wall thickness.

Thank you

Latest printer firmware is bugging me...

Came home from work, fired up the printer immediately on entering the house, got undressed, took a shower, got dried, brushed teeth, went to go lay on my bed to check emails. Then i heard this sound - "BLEEP" wait, what !!     ----   Printer had only just started !

Not good enough Zortrax, 3d printers take long enough as it is but waiting that long for the machine to heat up is unacceptable.

A little trick i do -  when a job is complete and the perf plate lowers, when it gets half way i turn off the machine and back on again and immediately select a job to print. while that is heating i remove the print and leave the printer to begin when its fully heated.  This became such a seamless and efficient process for me, but since the latest firmware update it has completely hindered my production.

So to summarize what i don't like:

1. when turning on the printer the Splash screen time has increased massively
  2. perf plate and extruder dont heat up at the same time.

Latest printer firmware is bugging me...

Came home from work, fired up the printer immediately on entering the house, got undressed, took a shower, got dried, brushed teeth, went to go lay on my bed to check emails. Then i heard this sound - "BLEEP" wait, what !!     ----   Printer had only just started !

Not good enough Zortrax, 3d printers take long enough as it is but waiting that long for the machine to heat up is unacceptable.

A little trick i do -  when a job is complete and the perf plate lowers, when it gets half way i turn off the machine and back on again and immediately select a job to print. while that is heating i remove the print and leave the printer to begin when its fully heated.  This became such a seamless and efficient process for me, but since the latest firmware update it has completely hindered my production.

So to summarize what i don't like:

1. when turning on the printer the Splash screen time has increased massively
  2. perf plate and extruder dont heat up at the same time.

Adding latest functionalities could make it boot 10% longer, I'm not sure if you would be able to feel it. 

As for heating time, we've made it heat one after another to avoid material degradation in extruder but I'm fully aware that now its way too long (especially PCABS), I'll figure something out to speed up the process 

Any chance of having the ability to increase the "air" gap between raft top surface and the parts first layer in ZSuite? I have had quite a few cases where the bottom/first layer is ripped off when removing the part from the raft, especially on smaller, finer objects. Would also make for a nicer finish on the bottom surface.

Any chance of having the ability to increase the "air" gap between raft top surface and the parts first layer in ZSuite? I have had quite a few cases where the bottom/first layer is ripped off when removing the part from the raft, especially on smaller, finer objects. Would also make for a nicer finish on the bottom surface.

Its going to be present in Z-Suite 2.0 beta, we should make it before first release. 

btw. Does name First layer gap for that option is understandable for you?

Its going to be present in Z-Suite 2.0 beta, we should make it before first release. 

btw. Does name First layer gap for that option is understandable for you?

Great news Marcin. Looking forward to Z-Suite2!

Yes, First layer gap makes sense to me. Also maybe, Raft to First Layer separation? First Layer distance? 

Initial Layer gap

Printbed to Start Layer gap

:D

I know this has been discussed before but with the talk of z-suit 2.0, will 100%  infill be an option? I get the complications with solid fill but strength is a huge deal with the products I make. If I make the same part with my zortrax and lulz, the part printed on the luz at 100% infill is much, much, much stronger. Since zortrax has basically opened the cage with the current z-suit options I feel this should of been one of the first new options added.

I know this has been discussed before but with the talk of z-suit 2.0, will 100%  infill be an option? I get the complications with solid fill but strength is a huge deal with the products I make. If I make the same part with my zortrax and lulz, the part printed on the luz at 100% infill is much, much, much stronger. Since zortrax has basically opened the cage with the current z-suit options I feel this should of been one of the first new options added.

Probably not in beta. 100% infill may be important for you but overall, editable support, profiles, mesh fixing etc seems like fundamental features for most. 

Probably not in beta. 100% infill may be important for you but overall, editable support, profiles, mesh fixing etc seems like fundamental features for most. 

Fair enough.

In Z-Suite, could you add an undo button for the splitting tool.  It has happened numerous occasions where i have cut in the wrong place and then having to reload the .stl  to start all over again.

Can we get an option for automatic or manual re-start when adding pauses in z-suit. I have been adding pauses after the raft to help with raft to part removal, only prob is often then not I forget about the pause then the machine sits idle for a good amount of time then when I restart the print the first layer is crap do to filament bleed and sitting in the hot end for to long.

This also brings up another suggestion, maybe after a pause the code is such that it does the purge/test line before continuing like it does now before building the raft.

I would love a second heated bed option from Zortrax.

im printing on a daily basis on both glass and PEI up to 400x400mm prints without issues.

i dont really get this perforated surface of the heated bed.

I would like to be able to add a Z offset AFTER the bed calibration is done, then I could add a PEI sheet to it (with cutouts for the metal plates used for calibration. 

Today there are printjobs I cant do on the M300 (and invested in the m300 to be my reliable printer) because of the raft which leaves a too rough surface and in 8 times of 10 isn't even needed...

I would love a second heated bed option from Zortrax.

im printing on a daily basis on both glass and PEI up to 400x400mm prints without issues.

i dont really get this perforated surface of the heated bed.

I would like to be able to add a Z offset AFTER the bed calibration is done, then I could add a PEI sheet to it (with cutouts for the metal plates used for calibration. 

Today there are printjobs I cant do on the M300 (and invested in the m300 to be my reliable printer) because of the raft which leaves a too rough surface and in 8 times of 10 isn't even needed...

or you can just buy a Z-Sense....

or you can just buy a Z-Sense....

thing is… I bought this printer to get a solid workhorse, I shouldn’t have to start update/tinkering/improve a 5000 USD machine. 

I’ve got many FDM printers which I already do that with, and it takes to much time. 

My Formlabs Form2 doesnt need any tinkering/mods or similar, it just pushes out prints after prints after prints, I thought the M300 would as well, but I guess I didnt read up enough on it :( 

Although I think that if some improvements are made in Z-Suite (Im not interested in using other slicers, other filaments or third party applications to get decent results, im already doing that with my other printers which manages 40x40x53cm max volume, where is the USP of the M300 then?)) and I could get rid of this ridiculous perforated bed which only makes my prints look bad on the bottom surface and makes it really hard to remove prints, it could be a very reliable printer. The results I’ve gotten (except the bottom surface and the sweat from removing prints) has been stunning and nothing anyone of my other printers would manage. 

It would be awesome and very useful to have the possibility to choose different layer heights for different vertical sections of the printed object.

Sometime in fact, the object requires less vertical resolution in a section and more details in others.

How about:   " Raft Light "   option.  

solely for quick prototyping, dimensional checks and small parts with low print volume.