V1 Perfboard with brand new machine??

I just took delivery of my second new Zortrax yesterday.

First thing I notice is the perfboard is half as thick as the one I got on the machine I bought 6 weeks ago.

A quick look on this forum and I see that it's the V1, which has been replaced by the V2.

Zortrax, did you slip me old stock on my new machine??

If so, I'm not cool with that at all, as I bought the latest machine.

IF this is the case, I would appreciate you sending me the V2 board, same as the one my previous machine has fitted, as this thin one is superseded and was replaced for a reason.

I'm not one to whinge about features etc, but this is not a good look at all.

Thank you.

Platform v2 is an upgrade and are not standard equipment.

Platform v2 is an upgrade and are not standard equipment.

Well it came with my first new machine 6 weeks ago, so it's fair that I would've expected it on the second.

And why would it not be standard equipment?

I'm sorry but I don't believe that.

What is far more likely is that existing stocks are being run through until finished, and another box of the old ones popped up on the production line and were put through.

Why would you ever bother to have 2 different perfboards.......really?

I got the V4 M200 and they shipped me the V1 board with the 16 holes. Just had to buy the V2 board not happy about that but what ever, But what really was not cool was when ordering the V2 hotend it doesn't come with the heater or the sender!! They are ripping people off $80 for a block and tube. WOW zortrax!!

I got the V4 M200 and they shipped me the V1 board with the 16 holes. Just had to buy the V2 board not happy about that but what ever, But what really was not cool was when ordering the V2 hotend it doesn't come with the heater or the sender!! They are ripping people off $80 for a block and tube. WOW zortrax!!

I actually try not to moan, and am well aware that when you get into 3D printers you're walking in tiger country, lol.

Considering that the V1 isn't offered as a spare in the Zortrax store I'm calling BS on the "upgrade" story, sorry.

I just sprung for that hot end as well, just to have one handy. Had already read your post.

I do feel sorry for them always getting hassled about the software, it's not just cut and paste, and it works very well.

Just things like this would cost no more to be decent about.

I can put the rudeness, etc down to cultural differences, but a rip off is a rip off in any mans language.

I actually try not to moan, and am well aware that when you get into 3D printers you're walking in tiger country, lol.

Considering that the V1 isn't offered as a spare in the Zortrax store I'm calling BS on the "upgrade" story, sorry.

I just sprung for that hot end as well, just to have one handy. Had already read your post.

I do feel sorry for them always getting hassled about the software, it's not just cut and paste, and it works very well.

Just things like this would cost no more to be decent about.

I can put the rudeness, etc down to cultural differences, but a rip off is a rip off in any mans language.

Same here, I love the printer, the software does its job easy to use. Like you said u got the  first printer with the v2 board and then your second with the v1 is not right. I didnt order from zortrax them self becuase i wasnt paying $230 for shipping! I know the V4 m200 is the newest so they newest parts should be on that printer. Oh well i just spent almost $200 on the V2 board. V2 hotend and a extra nozzle. oh and shipping.

For saying you love the machine and then accusing the machine company of bad practices is not cool. 

I mean first off this post should've actually been an email to support no posted online. 

:wacko:  :angry:

But what do I know, I'm just a happy Zortrax owner that uses support email for things related to issues like this and the forum for issues related to actual use of the machine to help and to get help.

With posts like this and people wonder why Zortax is a bit touchy lately. I completely understand. 

My buddy got a V4 with new V2 perf board as well.. I guess he just got lucky..

For saying you love the machine and then accusing the machine company of bad practices is not cool. 

I mean first off this post should've actually been an email to support no posted online. 

:wacko:  :angry:

But what do I know, I'm just a happy Zortrax owner that uses support email for things related to issues like this and the forum for issues related to actual use of the machine to help and to get help.

With posts like this and people wonder why Zortax is a bit touchy lately. I completely understand. 

Well I'm sorry, but I respectfully disagree with your point of view.

I like the machine(s), but I also paid good money for them.

The quality of the machine itself and the practices of the company while related, are still 2 separate issues.

How you use the forum is up to you, I've brought up something that I strongly feel is not right, and please excuse me if I don't really care what you think about that.

I've bought one machine with the latest equipment, then bought a second expecting the same.

I see above that another person got the new board with their V4, and it seems that may be hit and miss.

I don't know what planet you're from, but most people would think that superseded parts turning up randomly in new equipment would be bad business practice.

It may well be that this has happened in their manufacturing facility without Zortrax's knowledge, so now they know.

If it was put through their support chain, it may well have been ignored (heaven forbid).

Kindly jump on your high horse and ride it away from me thanks.

It seems that these are "running changes" and stock in various states of "upgrade" can get mixed up anywhere in the supply chain. If it's any consolation, I've used the v1 perfboard on two machines for well over a year now and never had any problems with it - works fine for me.

It seems that these are "running changes" and stock in various states of "upgrade" can get mixed up anywhere in the supply chain. If it's any consolation, I've used the v1 perfboard on two machines for well over a year now and never had any problems with it - works fine for me.

Thanks Julia, and very diplomatic (lol).

Everyone's different.

I don't care about all the software features everyone demands, as they were never promised.

But give me something once, and then less the next time...not happy. That's just me.

Never mind, I just ordered the board, fan and hot end as spares.

I feel I've been ripped off for 60 bucks, but it wouldn't be the first or worst time in 3D printing. Nature of the game.

I just spent the evening installing the new V2 hot end that may or not have been over priced but under explained as to what I was really buying and there were issues, I think there is a coating of varnish or protect-ant of some kind on the nozzle tip as after repeatedly ramming it into the build plate because it was not making the electrical contact to set the gap I finally scuffed the tip with an emery board and got a good contact.

Now happily running the printer and plan on trying that dusty spool of ZGlass that has been rolling around my office for a long time tomorrow.

By the way this is what I got for my "Up Plus Pro" a couple (beginning of the year) of months ago and mentioned it to Zortrax in a long letter about improvements, I'm sure they already knew about it but it was nice to see them take steps in the right direction with this..

http://recreus.com/en/hotends/22recreus-hot-end.html

I'm not particularly upset that the cartridge heater and sensor are not included with the hot end, but think that what you *do* get with the hot end should be clearly described.  Bonus points for making it explicit that the heater and sensor are also needed.  Those two items need to be in the store as well.

My buddy got a V4 with new V2 perf board as well.. I guess he just got lucky..

If sometimes we have problem with stock of V1 perf board then we have to use V2 until V1 coming, he got printer from lucky batch :slight_smile:

V2 maybe in the future will be included with all new machines because just now it have to be limited as upgrade due of thickness and amount of holes our supplier delivery time for V2 is 2-3times longer than V1.

Best Regards

Matin

Dear All,

on my m200 Zortrax born with piatra perforated with 8 screws,

I can mount the new perforated plate of 3 mm and with the 16 screws?

thank you

Dear All,

on my m200 Zortrax born with piatra perforated with 8 screws,

I can mount the new perforated plate of 3 mm and with the 16 screws?

thank you

HI,

You can mount the V2 of 3mm but if you printer only has 8 screws and not the 16 you can only use them 8 but the V2 will work with the 8. 

It’s also easy to drill 8 new holes with M3 thread into aluminium platform. I did it on my old M200 V2.

HI,

You can mount the V2 of 3mm but if you printer only has 8 screws and not the 16 you can only use them 8 but the V2 will work with the 8.

HI,

thanks

I just drilled and tapped 8 more holes in mine today to fit V1 with 16 holes..