V2 Hot End Benefits

Could someone from Zortrax please give an official description of the of the benefits gained by using the V2 hot end?

From forum chatter, I gather that it is essential for successfully completing prints with Z-Glass.  Is that true?  Are there any benefits for Z-ABS, Z-Ultrat, or Z-HIPS?  Will the V2 hot end be needed for any new Z-filaments that are coming?

Thanks, Mike

Mike, the Hotend V2 solved problem with Z-Glass, and it will be required for the new Z-Materials such as Z-Wood, Z-Flex and some metalic filament, on which we are currently working, the results is promising and I hope we'll can announce more information soon.

[drooling] if you need beta testers, i've heard that the red badged guys are good for that :P [/drooling]

i wanna beta test too!!!!!    :D

Me too, please! :D  :D

Please let the more experienced users to beta test it will help you a lot.

I'm guessing the PTFE insert helps insulate the filament from heat until it reaches the bottom of the tube.. That should help keep it from melting too soon and clogging up the feed tube.

do we need hot end V2 for printing bigger z-hips models?

do we need hot end V2 for printing bigger z-hips models?

It’s about the material; some materials need it, some don’t. The part being printed plays no role in needing the V2.

Mike, the Hotend V2 solved problem with Z-Glass, and it will be required for the new Z-Materials such as Z-Wood, Z-Flex and some metalic filament, on which we are currently working, the results is promising and I hope we'll can announce more information soon.

Thanks Igor (and everyone else. too).

I’ve heard about Z-Wood and Flex being in development, but this is the first time I hear about metallic filament. Sweet.

I’m curious as to how raft removal with Z-Flex will be accomplished. Flexible filament has a tendency to fuse with itself.

I can’t wait for Z-PLA…so exciting!

I can't wait for Z-PLA...so exciting!

Nobody said anything about pla being available?

Edit: Period was exchanged for question mark; I wasn’t sure if this was a genuine statement or sarcasm.

Nobody said anything about pla being available.

The kickstarter did.