V2 hotend on new M200 is crumbling from inside

I didn't want to post this on the forum, but support did not respond to me yet and I've checked the spam folder.  

I received a damaged V2 hotend on my new M200.  This is my first time to attempt to change nozzles on this printer (I've done it before  many times on my older M200) and I read and followed all of the directions carefully to remove and replace nozzles.   When I took off the nozzle, small silver pieces of metal fell out, and inside the nozzle were more pieces of silver metal.  There is more than shown in the photos, I realized I should keep them for proof.  When I turned the nozzle upside down more metal and bronze dust fell out shown on the yellow paper above the nozzle.  Also the nozzle is damaged from the tightness of the hotend.    Now a nozzle will not fit on the hotend, it will just spin, and more metal will fall out, and metal fell into my nozzle so I stopped immediately.  Now the printer is unusable.  Can I please have a replacement hotend and nozzle (2 nozzles were ruined) so I can use my printer again?  

When you sent the email to support?

When you sent the email to support?

24 hours ago.  You can delete this post after I receive a mail from support if you'd like.  I am just in a hurry.

I'm sure they will answer on Monday. 

Thanks Igor, the reseller said their tech support will contact me but haven't yet.  

Thanks Zortrax and thanks Octave Systems.  I already received my replacement V2 hotend from Octave, and they even included a new nozzle, heater, and temp sensor.

I've had this same issue with the V2 hotend...I cleaned it all out and put it back together but have been worried about it

Thanks Igor, the reseller said their tech support will contact me but haven't yet.  

/OT: Can you please confirm that our support contacted you eventually?

/OT: Can you please confirm that our support contacted you eventually?

I was contacted by Zortrax support.  But the new hotend v2 at arrived is still destroying nozzles.  A large amount of brass dust fell out when I took a nozzle off and turned it upside down.

I think you forgot to heat the extruder. Replacing the nozzle I done few times including V2 it is problem and brass free so long as extruder is hot - Maintenance… Heat the extruder. Hotend destroying nozzles? Is it for sure original Zortrax nozzles? UP nozzle looks similiar but can cause problems described by you.

I think you forgot to heat the extruder. Replacing the nozzle I done few times including V2 it is problem and brass free so long as extruder is hot - Maintenance... Heat the extruder. Hotend destroying nozzles? Is it for sure original Zortrax nozzles? UP nozzle looks similiar but can cause problems described by you.

They are definitely Zortrax nozzles, and I am definitely heating the extruder.

They are definitely Zortrax nozzles, and I am definitely heating the extruder.

You should not interfere with the nozzle if you received a brand new hotend. You should make few print tests before you interfere with a new part. As it goes about the brass when you loosen the nozzle, it can occur when you unscrew it when the hotend is cold. The best way to perform the procedure is when it's still warm.

Here's the manual how to do it: http://support.zortrax.com/nozzle-replacement/

Please follow this case further contacting our customer service team. It's the best and fastest way to clear it out.