weights on top of machine

My company does lots of small, highly detailed objects mainly with our zortrax…jewelry type work mainly…i find that the machine does a lot of shaking and i know with our milling machines any shaking effects the job…anyway i have been placing 15 pound bars on each side of the top and i found this seems to help produce better anyone else doing anything to minimize shaking?

As long as everything shakes together (no relative motion) I'd think it would be OK, and in fact maybe better to let it shake than try to hold it. But if your results contradict that I guess I'm wrong. The Up shakes like crazy at times (much more than the M200) and it does fine.

That would make sense julie but only if the machine was more sturdy. .i believe there is small play in the bed and other parts and i personally believe it doesnt shake in a uniform manner…i tend to see it more like jello and when one part shakes in one direction it could cause minute shaking in other areas…iim thinking of bolting the machine down to the table based on my promising results using weights…maybe if i have time ill run some tests to see if i can prove the theory…if i get anything interesting ill post my results…

I know my M200 has a shake to it but the prints are great so I leave it alone. lol 

I used to have it on a small stand and it really shook but never affected the prints and now I have it on a sturdy table and it does vibrate a bit but messing with a good things is usually a bad idea. haha

Good luck though

+1 on wanting to see some comparison prints.

(don't forget to mic 'em to test accuracy)

You guys gotta understand that for most of you guys there is likely not much of a noticeable difference but my company uses our machine for some very small abd detailed prints.i think thats where the potential problem with shaking may present itself… im not certain though and later on in the week ill try to devise some sort if test and ill post the results

You guys gotta understand that for most of you guys there is likely not much of a noticeable difference but my company uses our machine for some very small abd detailed prints.i think thats where the potential problem with shaking may present itself... im not certain though and later on in the week ill try to devise some sort if test and ill post the results

All I do is small prints and mine come out perfectly. 

I think it needs that slight vibration as when you tighten it up I would fear that something would break. Once you stop the slight vibration it still vibrates but just goes somewhere else. 

I always attributed my great prints to the small shake. I couldn't imagine they could get any better. i mean its not a 200k machine. lol