What are the changes through the M200 changes?

Hi, 

Just considering buying an m200 in the For Sale section on the forum, which is a v2 and I was wondering what the differences are from the v2 through to the v4.

Thanks.

V2 has a lead screw instead of ball screw.

Sorry, what does that mean exactly?

don't forget the old style ribbon cable.

Sorry, what does that mean exactly?

As far as I know, it has nothing to do with print quality. Zortrax had problems with supply chain of ball screws, so they put lead screw in M200.

And as Michael mentioned, V4 has installed more durable ribbon cable.

So pretty safe to say the changes are minimal? I should't worry too much about getting the very latest version?

I am already aware of the V2 hotend and bed, but as these are upgradeable down the line its not a concern :)

So pretty safe to say the changes are minimal? I should't worry too much about getting the very latest version?

I am already aware of the V2 hotend and bed, but as these are upgradeable down the line its not a concern :)

The changes won't have any impact on print quality. They are mainly to improve reliability of certain parts as well as make maintenance a little easier. 

Hi, 

Just considering buying an m200 in the For Sale section on the forum, which is a v2 and I was wondering what the differences are from the v2 through to the v4.

Thanks.

- Updated Software (many updates, which had significant influence on the print quality). You can find full list of the Z-suite updates at the forum.

- Updated Firmware

- Updated Hotend (V2), which allows you to print with Z-Glass

- Updated Perforated Plate (V2)

- Updated Extruder Cable 

- Few other minor updates

Generally there was not much major changes in the Zortrax M200 as we was happy with it's work as it came out, however we always try to face the needs of our clients, therefore we've implemented many changes and updates in the software and in few parts of the hardware.

- Updated Software (many updates, which had significant influence on the print quality). You can find full list of the Z-suite updates at the forum.

- Updated Firmware

- Updated Hotend (V2), which allows you to print with Z-Glass

- Updated Perforated Plate (V2)

- Updated Extruder Cable 

- Few other minor updates

Generally there was not much major changes in the Zortrax M200 as we was happy with it's work as it came out, however we always try to face the needs of our clients, therefore we've implemented many changes and updates in the software and in few parts of the hardware.

Thanks Chris,

I was guessing that the software and firmware could be updated on the older models? Not of consequence to me now as I have just bought an v4, so I'll be running the latest kit :)

Software and Firmware updates are compatible with all versions of the M200.

Does hot end and perf-plate compatible too? Or company will release a full kit to enhance the older versions?

Does hot end and perf-plate compatible too? Or company will release a full kit to enhance the older versions?

They are both compatible with all versions of M200.