where is my wood and nylon fil?

i believe it was promised that we would have wood and nylon in 2 weeks so where is it??

LOL that's the million dollar question I have been waiting 10 mouth for Z pcabs it was going to be 2 week 10 mouths ago. 

one thing I have found zortrax makes a very good printer but there word is not worth a hill of beans.

do not get me wrong I am sure  there is a lot of people working for zortrax that are very honest

so for them I give them the highest honor, I jest get a lot of BS down the pipeline

And this is different from any other business? If people keep whining and complaining about "broken promises" then I wouldn't be surprised if Zortrax completely stopped giving out any estimates of ship dates. They are estimates, people - stuff happens, and dates slip.  It's the Real World of product development. I for one am happy that they do give us estimates, and I can add my own estimate of how much their estimate will slip before shipment actually happens.

Actually it's great that Rafal, Martin and so on keep trying to have the time to attend this forum. I agree with Julia, the real worl is full of delays, complexity, and developing new materials depends on many people. If they for example have an estimate from the manufacturer they will let us know but the road is long... So we must be patient, along with the fact they are trying to give us all new and exciting products as we all know.

They have just added our request on Ultra T colors. And I don't know if this was planned or was because "us The community "just asked for it . If it's the case well I'm honored to be able to be in a community where users get so much attention. And that's a big + for All the Zortrax Team.

I would rather they take there time and make sure it continues to print as well as it does now, then rush stuff to market at the risk of degrading the performance of the machine  (do I need to say Makerbot?)

David

i just want my nylon and wood fil,..... if , like my ability to adjust my extruder temp , this promise is yet another broken one id like to know now so i can make plans on purchasing a printer that can use these materials...i get it, its a start up business but i think that we have all been very supportive , well beyond supportive considering all the broken promises and now its time to start thinking about myself...im using my printer for MY business and i have very real orders waiting for wood and nylon.....i purchased this printer a long time ago based on promises that were lies and now MY BUSINESS  is suffering....this isnt cool and i dont understand why so many on here still, after all the crap, still do nothing but praise this company

How you can bought your printer for wood? They mentioned about wood 2 weeks ago :wink:

Good question… When did you order your printer and when was wood promised?

As you have joined the Zortrax community forum, could you perhaps use a name for your membership rather than the subject of your post so we know how to address you.

I actually thought that adjusting temp shouldn't be a big deal as its programming and the M200 is capable.

ZORTRAX : 

Extruder maximum temperature:
380° C (716° F)

Since I need Pcb and it is way below the max ability of the M200. 

Polycarbonate should be extruded at or above 265C. Many current 3D printer extruders are not compatible with temperatures above 250C  

But I am not a programmer so I will sit here and wait patiently to actually be able to USE my printer in a productive and monetary way. 
Cheers and hopefully for all of us waiting it won't be forever. I shutter to think of it. lol 

There's a lot more to printing with a new material than simply setting the nozzle temperature, and that's why Zortrax doesn't want to provide temperature control - you need to develop a whole printing profile with dozens or scores of parameters tuned to the specific material. If you want to be able to adjust all those things yourself, then the M200 may not be the printer for you. Here's an article from a supplier of polycarbonate filament about their experiences in getting it to work: http://www.protoparadigm.com/news-updates/printing-polycarbonate/

I'm thinking that the upcoming "Z-Glase" material may have some PC-like characteristics (depending on what you're looking for), but will probably be easier to print with (better flow, less hygrophilic).

julia

I thought as much but I definitely don't want to have to set those things. lol I am still a novice at my Blender program. ha

I would hate to see the test prints with me at the wheel. LMAO

i just want my nylon and wood fil,..... if , like my ability to adjust my extruder temp , this promise is yet another broken one id like to know now so i can make plans on purchasing a printer that can use these materials...i get it, its a start up business but i think that we have all been very supportive , well beyond supportive considering all the broken promises and now its time to start thinking about myself...im using my printer for MY business and i have very real orders waiting for wood and nylon.....i purchased this printer a long time ago based on promises that were lies and now MY BUSINESS  is suffering....this isnt cool and i dont understand why so many on here still, after all the crap, still do nothing but praise this company

Unless your wood orders are of thousands of dollars I don't see the point of so much crying...

If you are serius BUSSINESS then you could just buy a new printer i.e Ultimaker,Afinia, UP PLUS, even makerbot to be able to print wood.

If your statements are true your great orders should be enough to pay another machine, but It look like you just like to attack and point out etc, etc.

Stop hating so much and start with some action on your own bussiness like that maybe you can realy make some good deals and really get some real orders.

Just to clarify, you are not the only one here running a bussines and using the zortrax for it, and I heve never reand any member complaining that they are at the edge of bankruptcy just for a machine, that is just childlish and stupid...

Zortrax is a great machine,

but as previously mentioned:

Their promises and estimated dates are pretty much falling on deaf ears at this point.

I started lowering my "expectations bar" when I first got my machine and realized they didn't even bother de-bouncing the rotary encoder button properly.

(anyone who's ever played with an Arduino would tell you de-bouncing is pretty basic stuff...)

*yep, I'm aware the very latest BETA firmware apparently fixes this... I just LOL'ed when I read that in the fix-log. 

You'd be amazed how many people think that simply waiting a certain amount of time after a state change is an effective debounce scheme, but it's really not. You need to wait for the switch to remain in a stable state for a certain amount of time, which means you keep watching it and reset your timer every time it bounces (changes state).

To answer your questions, i bought this machine based on promises that this would be a versatile machine with a lot more promised options…had we gotten the variable extruder temp that was promised i wouldnt have to wait for this company to release anything…as far as how large my orders are, im just going to say that im about to literally throw this poorly made piece of junk in the garbage…the replies im getting on here have you guys sounding like a bunch of children with no concept of the real world…maybe you dont share my frustration because you use your machine to build little plastic toys in the bedroom of your parents home but im using this machine in a capacity that this company promoted vigorously and like an idiot i fell for…im really shocked that now with the release of info regarding a new machine with not a single promise regarding the old machine lived up to, more of you arnt furuous…you now have a machine that will get even less attention ( as if thats even possible)

To answer your questions, i bought this machine based on promises that this would be a versatile machine with a lot more promised options...had we gotten the variable extruder temp that was promised i wouldnt have to wait for this company to release anything....as far as how large my orders are, im just going to say that im about to literally throw this poorly made piece of junk in the garbage...the replies im getting on here have you guys sounding like a bunch of children with no concept of the real world....maybe you dont share my frustration because you use your machine to build little plastic toys in the bedroom of your parents home but im using this machine in a capacity that this company promoted vigorously and like an idiot i fell for......im really shocked that now with the release of info regarding a new machine with not a single promise regarding the old machine lived up to, more of you arnt furuous...you now have a machine that will get even less attention ( as if thats even possible)

Politness... Politness...

Take a deep breath.

A bit of passiflora can also help!

a bunch of children with no concept of the real world....maybe you dont share my frustration because you use your machine to build little plastic toys in the bedroom of your parents home

Wow, that's pretty insulting. I have run my product development business for 28 years and I've been engineering professionally for 38. I find the Zortrax to be a valuable addition to my shop in making prototypes. I've used a few different printers and while it's not perfect, I find the M200 to be one of the best-built and most reliable of all of them. New features, bug fixes, updates, and materials have been issued regularly; the printer has been shipping for less than a year. Customer support is generally responsive, the company is financially stable and has an infrastructure. Feel free to throw yours in the garbage if you like, and good luck with whatever you choose to replace it.

@needmoreoptions:

First: when you join a community, you should at least provide a nickname, if not the real name. The Internet is full of anonymous trolls, we don't need that here.

Second: I do share most of your frustation regarding filament & temp control availability.

Third (and most important): calling us a 'bunch of children' (especially Julia, who, as far as I know, forgot a lot more than you've ever learned in this field) is rude and insulting.

the only whiny children in here is you...end of the story. You sound like a troll. Show us what are the amazing designs that you do...come on..