Who carries extra Nozzles in the US?

Looking for a place to order an extra Nozzle.

Octave has them, but they are not listed online.

I just ordered one the other day from Zortrax. There was a glitch saying they were out of stock but it was an IT problem. Sure the shipping is high to the states but I looked everywhere and none were listed online. Figured ta hell with it. lol 

Glad to know Octave has them Not Listed. hahaha

Last time I talked to 3D Proshare, they had them as well. 

The nozzles we carry are not listed as of yet because we do not have a large enough supply. We have not ordered enough to start putting them up for sale being that nozzles tend to be in constant demand as evidence by the past few posts about it in the last week. The ones we have are for RMA or support as of the moment. Ill let you all know when we have a large enough stock to start selling them.

-Michael

I will say this, the quote I got for a nozzle from 3D Proshare blew me a away. I was going to get one as a back up. That didn't happen.

I will say this, the quote I got for a nozzle from 3D Proshare blew me a away. I was going to get one as a back up. That didn't happen.

The price of Z nozzles is rather astonishing when considering the price of almost any other nozzle out there even from US-based manufacturers with much higher overhead. I also just saw a post by management that the nozzle should be replaced every 3-5 roles of filament. This is understandable since it is a wear part, but at their current price that'd be adding the price of an extra role of filament every other month (depending on printing rate, of course). 

The price of Z nozzles is rather astonishing when considering the price of almost any other nozzle out there even from US-based manufacturers with much higher overhead. I also just saw a post by management that the nozzle should be replaced every 3-5 roles of filament. This is understandable since it is a wear part, but at their current price that'd be adding the price of an extra role of filament every other month (depending on printing rate, of course). 

Replaced every 3-5 rolls of filament! I hadn't heard that. That bums me out.

That’s just a recommendation. I guess it also depends on maintenance behavior and how careful you are with keeping everything clean. I have far more than 5 rolls on the current nozzle and it still works fine.

Absolutely true Andre.  :)

abrahamalincoln - The recommendation was in response to a user saying that his parts are developing a stringy texture on top, so as long as everything's working you're good to go. I was just making the point that they are considered a wear part and not something intended to last the life of the machine.  

Absolutely true Andre.  :)

abrahamalincoln - The recommendation was in response to a user saying that his parts are developing a stringy texture on top, so as long as everything's working you're good to go. I was just making the point that they are considered a wear part and not something intended to last the life of the machine.  

It's good to know, especially having not heard it before. Now when I get a stringy texture or similar, I know what to look for. 

My current nozzle has around 5 rolls though it. Hopefully the new nozzle will come out before I need to replace mine!

They want to release a new hot end. That doesn’t necessarily mean the nozzle itself will be different. The difference might be more in the feeder tube section. But this is just a guess. I’m not 100% sure.

They want to release a new hot end. That doesn't necessarily mean the nozzle itself will be different. The difference might be more in the feeder tube section. But this is just a guess. I'm not 100% sure.

You are correct nozzle itself is not different.

Best Regards

Martin

You are correct nozzle itself is not different.

Best Regards

Martin

As soon as I hit submit i thought, "I think it's the hot end they're changing, not nozzle". Now I know for sure!

I guess I should go ahead and order that nozzle then. 

3D Proshare has them and they told me they should be getting the V2 hotend in very soon.