Why is there no independent x/y adjustment offsets?

I know for example my friends solidoodle has these options. It really helps for one of the issues I am having, my print is oval always in one direction. If I try to print a 1.500 circle, half of it is 1.500 +-.002, while the other is 1.495 +-.002, anyone else having these issues? With independent x/y offsets, this would be easily solved.

An axis is always more deviated, but yes offsets should exist independent either adjusted automatically by software and calibration pattern, or manually by trial and error. I prefer the first one even Up printers have it..for 3 axes.

Why not using the scaling option in ZSuite and scale only in X or Y?

Mike

Mike

Good idea. You could do this, however you would have to remember to adjust this every time.

A better solution might be to offer X, Y  in the software under the current "Offsets" option. That way it is remembered for each print.

Mike

I actually like this idea, and will probably try using it. But really, with inside offsets, outside offsets, then independent x/y scaling, how much time would it take to get an accurate measure? Plus, it would lead me to believe you would need different scaling for solid parts vs parts with holes...

Actually, I'm not sure that it is reasonable to expect a tolerance better than 0.005-0.010" (0.12-0.15 mm) with an FDM 3D printer, even one as well built as the Zortrax.

If it were really an issue for me, I'd be inclined to create a set of short cylinder parts in various diameters about the diameter range of interest and print them out in each material I planned to use.  Measure the actual diameters of those and use that data to scale future prints.  It is probable that the amount of infill, fan, and other ZSuite settings would have an effect on the result so you might need test prints for each set of printing conditions.

Mike

I really need independent x/y/z scaling in machine coordinates.

I always print 0.5% bigger in X-axis and Y-axis. Needless to say, it compensate the shinking when cooling. But I don't want to change Z-axis scale. I want to control the number of layers especially for thin parts. The number of layers decides the height of printed parts, so I don't want it to be changed by a fine adjustment of scaling. When I design a model with 2mm thickness and print with 0.19mm (substantially 0.2mm) layer thickness, I strongly expect the final number of layers is ten.

In order to do so in current Z-Suit version, resizing for every imported model is required. When those models have to be rotated in distinct axis, it is so annoying. The x/y/z-axes in resize option window are connected to model coordinates, not to machine coordinates.

Both scaling (resizing) option is needed. One for imported data, and one for machine.

KayS

Compensation will be available in firmware update.