wifi

Hi guys and girls

the wifi on the printer does it works and so yes how ?

thx

Not yet working.

The whispers said christmas time release 

that brings up interesting question what will broadcast the wifi out of the computer? is this something extra we will need to buy to use this it must be some kind of usb plug in

As long as you have wifi built into your computer you should not need anything else.

David

Hopefully the printer will appear as a device on your LAN, similar to the way networked 2D printers work. There would have to be a way to tell the printer the SSID and LAN password, or some kind of auto-discovery scheme.

There is a module inside the machine those red lights on the right side, that's were it's located. I receive a printer with the lower fan damaged and the module is just below it.

Maybe SD card with built in wifi module will work? worth trying if someone can't wait for the official support ;)

Most of these wifi SD cards will not work out of the box, because they need special software which will only transfer images and movies.

But its possible to enable ftp on the SD Cards, because they running an small linux on it. So this should work, but only if your computer is next to your printing machine.

I do hope that when wifi is enabled it gracefully supports multiple printers on the same network.

I do hope that when wifi is enabled it gracefully supports multiple printers on the same network.

+1

It would be pretty dumb to require some special device on the computer side to be able to talk to the Wifi module in the printer.

It should like any other network printer, you configure it for the network and the computer link to it using a driver.

In case Zortrax folks are reading this thread. +1 to feature request on this. This would elevate my M200 from awesome to super awesome!  :D