Wish : ULTEM plastic

Hi team,

Interesting news about a material.

http://www.3ders.org/articles/20141103-rokit-announces-3d-printer-capable-of-printing-high-strength-engineering-plastic.html

Their nozzles can heat up to 250 C. I think Zortrax printers may also support this type of materials if Z-Filament come.

In my opinion, it can be a great marketing value when you think many printers can not print with even ABS well.

Best regards,

Hi team,

Interesting news about a material.

http://www.3ders.org/articles/20141103-rokit-announces-3d-printer-capable-of-printing-high-strength-engineering-plastic.html

Their nozzles can heat up to 250 C. I think Zortrax printers may also support this type of materials if Z-Filament come.

In my opinion, it can be a great marketing value when you think many printers can not print with even ABS well.

Best regards,

Actually I think that is a misprint, their extruders can do 350C. At least that is what they say on the Rokit website.

Interesting stuff though.

Although the printer is odd, not having any bottom???

We ordered sample of ultem resin and we can check it, but until it is not tested and proven to give trouble free prints no promises.

Best Regards

Looks like Ultem is about 3 times the cost of ABS as a raw material on a volume basis.

Looks like Ultem is about 3 times the cost of ABS as a raw material on a volume basis.

So about $8 a kg!?  :)

According to the same page: US$305 per 700g !! But it comes in a can that could be used to save cookies!

Ultem with SSys cost around $800 USD per spool containing 1510 cc

We received from our factory Ultem samples today, printing now and extruding without any problem at 350C but manufacturing of this filament is a little complicate using standard factory equipment it will take few weeks to find how to solve issues with it.

Best Regards

Martin - do you have any idea of filament cost?

Martin - do you have any idea of filament cost?

Based on material price, amount of waste and complications it can be even 3 digits value for standard spool.

Best Regards

Based on material price, amount of waste and complications it can be even 3 digits value for standard spool.

Best Regards

Thanks - sounds like a filament for special projects and not something that most users would stock in quantity.