Y belt broken

Hi,

where can I find informations about changing a broken Y  axis belt ?

Where a ggod place in Europe to buy the dammed 202 - GT - 6  ?

Resellers in my country (Italy) do not have that spare.

Here you go: http://www.3d-drucker-experte.de/weitere-3d-drucker/zubehoer/zortrax/578/gt2-belt-x/y-short-fuer-zortrax-m200

Thanks , found also on a german shop stoutwind.de

Y%20broken%20belt%20.jpg

Still waiting for some good advice for installing the new belt with minimal parts unmount.

Why that belt broke ?

I do not think that it is normal wear.

If a belt broke usually it is because the belt is not aligned with axis and rub against the pulley side.

What things need to be checked to avoid such defect again .

Well, after 3 days and no answers,  it seems that I'm the only guy who brokes a belt on the Zortrax and since it is the first time no one know how to install the new belt without umounting all axes.

Will try the very curious Zortrax support form ...

Finally I was able to repair my M200 .

Thanks to Zortrax support team that provide suggestions and precise instructions about how to change the Y axis (short) belt. :D

It was not easy and it was not quick .

You have to unmount the two axis that support the extruder.

When I remounted the two axis I found out they were no more orthogonal so I spent 45 minutes to fix it

A little nightmare with a nice ending since my M200 is printing well again .

I would suggest to Zortrax engineers to modify the printer adding a  simple 3 mm spacer at the axis on the side of the motor  as I wrote in the other post.

Unmounting the two axis made me discover why the belt broke.

Some filament debris where caugt inside the motor alluminium spacer ready to broke another belt .

Beware when you remove the raft from the heating plate that debris won't go every where.

debris in belt.jpg

Hi lucamac,

Thanks for sharing this valuable info about caught debris and how to replace the short belt.

I will also use your inventive idea about pausing to prevent warping.

Best regards

Hans lagerström

Do you remove printed part into the machine that may "send" some debris into the aluminium spacer?

Hi onap , I'm not sure to understand your question.

Debris might “fly” every where when you detach with the spatula the raft or you clean the plate from raft remains after you had remove the printed part .

Also a very bad idea is to use a air compressor to “clean” the M200 interior, for sure debris will then fly :slight_smile:

Hi Hans,

glad that you appreciate .

here the debris waiting to kill my X belt

debris in ambush.jpg

About replacing the short belts, as I wrote actually it is not easy , I hope that next M200 produced might gather my suggestion about the spacer.

Hi onap , I'm not sure to understand your question.

Debris might “fly” every where when you detach with the spatula the raft or you clean the plate from raft remains after you had remove the printed part .

Also a very bad idea is to use a air compressor to “clean” the M200 interior, for sure debris will then fly :slight_smile:

Sorry I mean:

I always remove the heating platform from the M200 to remove my printed part to avoid that some debris flying into the printer, do you proceed like this

And I always use a vacuum cleaner to clean the M200

Hello onap,

I never had remove the heating platform from my M200 .

Don't you need to calibrate each time after removal ?

Hello Lucamac,

No you don't need to calibrate each time.

After the M200 finished a job, I wait 1/2 hours and remove the platform from the printer (as describe here: http://support.zortrax.com/removing-the-print-m200/ )

Before starting a new job, I just check that the 3 magnetics holder a well in contact with the plateform

Onap