(Yet another) argument for opening up print settings

But limited settings are not always key to sucess. I work with most expensive CNC machines there is and they have a shitload off featuers becuase you need them sometimes.

CNC machines is still alive Commodore 64 and CNC manufacturers doing just assembly without any deep R&D with software. You just getting machine turning it on and “BASIC prompt” is displayed - what it can do is up to operator ‘BASIC’ skill :wink: But if you use Siemens panel together with NX then you can see how it should be done - connecting hardware and software together, sadly only Siemens reached this level other controllers live in Commodore 64 world.

Best Regards

Martin

CNC machines is still alive Commodore 64 and CNC manufacturers doing just assembly without any deep R&D with software. You just getting machine turning it on and "BASIC prompt" is displayed - what it can do is up to user BASIC skill ;) But if you use Siemens panel together with NX then you can see how it should be done - connecting hardware and software together, sadly only Siemens reached this level other controllers live in Commodore 64 world.

Best Regards

Martin

Well Martin, you have not worked with a new model from Mazak.

Well Martin, you have not worked with a new model from Mazak.

I even didn’t got a chance to stand at front of it.

Is it means that Mazak use only Mazatrol panels ?

Best Regards

Martin

It is Windows 7 with Mazatrol shell, But it can also handle iso code from any cam like Edgecam and Mastercam. Have you seen how many features it is in a CAM? Shitloads...

I even didn't got a chance to stand at front of it.

Is it means that Mazak use only Mazatrol panels ?

Best Regards

Martin

It is Windows 7 with Mazatrol shell, But it can also handle iso code from any cam like Edgecam and Mastercam. Have you seen how many features it is in a CAM? Shitloads...

From youtube movies it looks comparable to Siemens simplicity but anyway if we need next machine here it must be Mazak I’m so curious :slight_smile: You can also look at Sinumerik ShopMill features.

Best Regards

Martin

I love my Zortrax M200 extremly much, i think you know that Martin. But i had been even more happy if a Z-Suite Pro version was available that was simular to Simplify3D. I bought a new open source printer this week just because i want to use all the options that Simplify3D offers. I am pretty sure i will use both printers alot and depending on the job i want to do i will decide wich printer is the better choise.

From youtube movies it looks comparable to Siemens simplicity but anyway if we need next machine here it must be Mazak I'm so curious :) You can also look at Sinumerik ShopMill features.

Best Regards

Martin

if your print went bad then please try to change parameter X, Y, Z, Q, W, U, I, O, G, H

Why does everyone say that like it's a bad thing? It only takes a little bit of work to figure out that each of those parameters has a quantifiable and reasonably predictable effect. Any decent filament comes with a set of best practices that define optimal settings for the majority of those parameters (i.e. Ninjaflex prints at ~215C); some come down to the user's knowledge of his own specific printer (i.e. print Ninjaflex slowly if there's a lot of travel between the extruder and hotend); and the rest are determined by the desired end product (i.e. fewer perimeters with lower infill for a springier Ninjaflex part).

It's kind of like the manual settings in a camera. Want a blurry background? Shoot at a lower f-ratio. Want to freeze motion? Increase your shutter speed. Photos too dark? Crank up your ISO. Even the simplest point-and-shoot trusts its users enough to experiment with those settings.

Oh, and a blanket response for those who seem to believe every single thing bestowed upon us by Zortrax is an infallible beacon of genius, here are some fun memories you may have forgotten:

1) That (those?) time (times?) your print was ruined because supports fused to the bottom faces of your overhangs.

2) Cleaning support material out interior cavities. Don't know about you all, but I've sliced off half a fingernail (learned my lesson and wore gloves from then on) and punctured an artery in my palm (ruined a glove too) with those.

3) Removing rafts from thin, flat parts. 

4) Trying to print a sphere or anything connected to the print bed at a single point.

5) Disassembling the top half of your printer because Z-GLASS settings sucked and now there's a bunch of fragmented filament in your extruder and hotend.

6) "The left side is too high." "The right side is too high." The left side is too high." "The right side is too high." (ad nauseum).

7) "Here's a new feature that gets rid of seams by starting layers at random positions. We're going to leave it broken for a couple of months because... reasons?"

8) That time you paid $2000 for beta software and couldn't circumvent it by using someone else's slicer.

9) That time the forums were taken down for a few months because community moderation is hard.

10) $20 shipping for a $20 spool of Z-ABS.

Clearing out the hot end should only take 2 screws and about 10 minutes worth of work at most. 

I have made multiple small flat parts and the raft removal was easy. 

As for stabbing your self with a knife while cleaning a part is on you, firstly, keep your knives sets sharp and wear gloves. Also don't cut towards your self, legs or hands mostly. 

Next, you did not pay $2000 for beta software, you payed for a beta machine that is closed source with it's own mostly functioning software.

lastly, shipping costs, if it costs $20 to get something shipped to you then wait and buy more at once. Overall it will cost less in shipping if you bulk order or use a reseller near you.

as for your other points, I can say sure I agree they were not the best choices Zortrax could have made.

3D battle wounds listed on Thingiverse.. Not just you.. Look at all the makes!! LOL... I've been there myself.. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:72022

This can save a lot of injury. It looks (and is) simple, but it's miraculous. Holding a print in your hand, your brain won't let you apply anywhere near the force that you can when pushing against a rigid support. Raft removal is a doddle with one of these.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:131301

This can save a lot of injury. It looks (and is) simple, but it's miraculous. Holding a print in your hand, your brain won't let you apply anywhere near the force that you can when pushing against a rigid support. Raft removal is a doddle with one of these.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:131301

There you go trying to eliminate my wife from the 3D printing experience... Won't need a ride to the ER anymore.. :D :lol:

Julia, this is genius!!! I was using a lot of superglue (to close my wounds). But not anymore! :smiley:

Am I the only one who's actually just careful?  :P

Am I the only one who's actually just careful?  :P

You can be careful, but that doesn't make support removal easier like a bench hook does :)

I wear a Kevlar glove on my left hand hold the sharp tools with the right, I tell my sons "No glove, no love"......... :lol:

lastly, shipping costs, if it costs $20 to get something shipped to you then wait and buy more at once.

It's $20 per spool, which is extremely lame of them:

s5xRWHQ.jpg

I would suggest using a US reseller.. Shipping will be cheaper.. 3D proshare has 8 pack of Z-ABS for $240.. Free shipping..