Z-Firmware BETA V0.0.3 - ready to download

[11.02.2014] CHANGELOG Z-Firmware BETA V0.0.3

• Detecting when sensor is disconnected from the Build Platform

• Cooling Fan control

• Turning off the Cooling Fan when generating raft

• Checking the *.zcode file format correctness before the print

• Checking if you are using the latest version of the Z-Suite

• Checking if you are using the latest Z-Firmware

• Heating up the Build Platform before the printing process to avoid printing on cold platform

• Heating up the Build Platform is turned off after finishing the printing process

• Lowering Build Platform automatically after finishing the printing process

• Acceleration improvement

• Other bugs fixed and small improvements

[Download link]

Awesome!!! :smiley:

Oh yeah !!

So fun, will test later today!

Thanks! (and thanks for the update to the downloads page…looks much better)

-Lon

Excellent!

Cool update, literaly :).

[quote name=bluevoid]Cool update, literaly :).
[/quote]

Hi Rafal, noticed this with the last update as well, you have 2012 in the release date.

[quote name=dhatw][quote=bluevoid]Cool update, literaly :).
[/quote]

Hi Rafal, noticed this with the last update as well, you have 2012 in the release date.
[/quote]

Heh, thanks :wink:

Best Regards,

Rafal

Hi Rafal, I am pretty sure that my bed does not turn off. I lowers but is quite hot 15 minutes later. I know I am on the new firmware because it says heating the bed before the start of the print.

Mine shuts off…the blue light shuts off, too. Is your blue light still on?

I printed something this morning (the new 0.0.4 software, the new 0.0.3 firmware) before I left for work and the bed is cold now. Maybe it has a timer (which would be nice) instead of an immediate off.

-Lon

My bed and light turned off after it lowered as well. It is still pretty hot after 15 minutes but it does cool down.

EDIT: I have noticed another bug though. I printed something and waited for the bed to cool while I left the printer on, then I removed the print and started another but the bed wouldn’t heat up again. The light remained off even though the LCD said that the bed was ‘heating up’… except the temperature was dropping.

So I restarted the printer and all was fine again. Just wanted to let you all know about this though.

Yeah, I had the same problem…had to power cycle the machine to get it to warm up again.

[quote name=Andre]Mine shuts off…the blue light shuts off, too. Is your blue light still on?
[/quote]

Thanks, I’ll have a look when I get home. Never though to look for that.

Dhatw.

[quote name=dhatw][quote=Andre]Mine shuts off…the blue light shuts off, too. Is your blue light still on?
[/quote]

Thanks, I’ll have a look when I get home. Never though to look for that.

Dhatw.
[/quote]

So light does turn off. I turned to printer off and went out. I presume all is fine.

Dhatw.

No Bed leveling ability? most important feature in my opinion.

One of the little copper wires on the bottom of my bed is broken, with v.0.0.3 firmware it refuses to heat up the bed, I am guessing it requires this wire connection.

I will be reverting back to the un-released firmware that provides bed leveling for now.

@dingo

http://www28.zippyshare.com/v/89495104/file.html

You can use this firmware it is 0.0.3 with disabled sensor connection checking.

Best Regards

Thanks Martin,

I will pull the bottom plate off the bed and solder the wire back on at some point.

Been getting some very good print results though :slight_smile:

I have been out of town. Just got back. I updated the firmware to the one at the top of this post. I can no longer check bed calibration. I know that there is no auto calibration, but my last version let me check the bed. Just wanting to make sure I have the correct firmware or is there another one that I missed.