Z-HIPS hotend V2

hello, do we need hotend v2 for printing bigger z-hips models?

No, you don’t

Perhaps a little learning why the design of the hotend has historically been a PTFE tube and then an all metal until recently is best explained by a great company that I now use their hotend on my "UP Plus Pro"

http://recreus.com/blog/en/learn/

Hi,

Silvio, did you have problems printing large parts with Z-HIPS ? So far, only problem I had with it was raft not sticking well on bed. I used UHU glue stick and problem was solved. AFAIK, hotend v2 only adresses extrusion issues, so if you have some (eg filament stopping extruding in the middle of a print), it may usefull but otherwise you don't need it (yet).

Thank you Drew for the link, quite interresting. I read there the max temp for PTFE lined hotend is 265 deg C and i saw similar limits for other hotend using this material.

Z-Ultrat prints at 285C, so are we sure v2 hotends use PTFE ?

Laurent

hi laurent, no i didn`t print yet cause i have some other parts to print, and i have the v2 hotend but not installed.... so i just wanted to know if i should install it before i print z-hips.... 

Z-Ultrat prints at 285C, so are we sure v2 hotends use PTFE ?

Yes, it is a High temp material and does not extend all the way down into the heater block so it sees less heat as it is in the "heat break" area, but it will still wear out over time due to friction with the filament materials and will need to be replaced.

Zortrax has not mentioned that fact but eventually everyone will need a replacement.

hi laurent, no i didn`t print yet cause i have some other parts to print, and i have the v2 hotend but not installed.... so i just wanted to know if i should install it before i print z-hips....

We have 2 printers here at work still with V1 hot ends and we print large z-hips parts all the time without issues (one of the prints was 2 days print time)

Can some post a picture of the V2 hotend installed