• Corrected rotate of model in Z direction

• Decreased memory and CPU consumption at model preview

• 20 degress as default support angle

• ctrl+a for select all models on the platform

• Many other bugs fixed and small invisible features added

[Download link for Windows]

[Download link for MacOS]

Hi!

Thanks for the update! Fan control is a great feature!!

Just wanted to let you guys know that the slow loading issue with XP is unchanged. Tried the stan.stl today and it still takes 4 min for 1% progress. Is it planned to fix this? I have no problem if it takes time for a fix… just would like to get some feedback if you can even reproduce this on your side…?

Thanks!

Thanks for keeping improving the program.

Is there any link for 0.0.3 firmware?

[quote name=Andre]Hi!

Thanks for the update! Fan control is a great feature!!

Just wanted to let you guys know that the slow loading issue with XP is unchanged. Tried the stan.stl today and it still takes 4 min for 1% progress. Is it planned to fix this? I have no problem if it takes time for a fix… just would like to get some feedback if you can even reproduce this on your side…?

Thanks!
[/quote]

Please provide a list of your Hardware

RAM memory

CPU

Graphic card

Best Regards

Andre,

We hoped this issue is already solved as we did some changes. I can’t reproduce this issue on my XP virtual machine therefore it’s difficult to fix.

Can you tell if this issue is only for ASCII stl or it’s for binary too?

Is your processor under high load after loading this 1%? Maybe loading just stops due to some error.

How high the load is and how does RAM usage looks like in loading time?

Is application frozen - can you move/resize the window?

How many Hz do you have in your processor? :slight_smile:

Answers to those questions may help in solving it.

Hi Martin, m4cias!

Thanks for the reply! I will get you as many details as possible when I get home. :slight_smile:

Do you know what the Stan.stl from your website is? Binary or ASCII? Is there an easy way to tell?

Thanks again!

I am using Windows 7 and Stan and Cartman take forever to load (never loaded them as I give up) Other models load fast.

David

[quote name=Winstonc]I am using Windows 7 and Stan and Cartman take forever to load (never loaded them as I give up) Other models load fast.

David
[/quote]

RAM memory

CPU

Graphic card

Best Regards

Andre,

Stan.stl is ASCII. When you open stl file with any text editor and will be able to read point coordinates then it’s ASCII. Binary stl is not readable by human. Easy to notice the difference when you will see it. Seems as simpliest explanation I can give :slight_smile:

[quote name=Martin Olchanowski][quote=Winstonc]I am using Windows 7 and Stan and Cartman take forever to load (never loaded them as I give up) Other models load fast.

David
[/quote]

RAM memory

CPU

Graphic card

Best Regards
[/quote]

RAM = 4Gb

CPU = Intel Core i3-2350M @2.30 Ghz

Graphics Card = Intel HD Graphics

OK…here more info…

I tested several ASCII and Binary files.

There is a pattern…Binary .STL load fast. ASCII STL load slow.

When I have the slow loading with ASCII STL the software is not frozen. I can move/resize window, open other applications and I can close the Z-suite normally at any time. Processor runs between 50% and 75% the whole time while loading, laptop fan spins up. Memory usage: When I start the z-suite it uses 70mb, when I load stan.stl it jumps to 150mb instantly and then it hovers around that. I still have around 300mb of memory left.

Here my computer specs:

2ghz core2 with 1Gb Ram

ATI Mobility Radeon X1600

I know…not the latest rocket but all I can say is that runs everything else totally fine. For example all the tested STL files open within a few seconds in the UP software (both…Binary and ASCII).

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I’m thinking hardware is the issue with the large files. All of the South Park files take me about 4 second to load. Running Windows 7, i7 3.5ghz quad core, 16gb RAM, 2GB EVGA video card. I’ll try all of them on my old XP machine tomorrow. I already know Stan takes forever on that box.

But Winstonnc’s machine is fast and it still doesn’t work…

And I can load even large Binary files very fast.

m4cias, could my additional info help you in any way? :slight_smile:

Yes Andre, thanks for those informations, now I know better where to look for the issue. Till it will be fixed I would suggest you to use some external software to convert ascii to binary stl if possible.

Ok, I will look around for a converter software. Hope you will find a fix! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feedback!

[quote name=Andre]Ok, I will look around for a converter software. Hope you will find a fix! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feedback!
[/quote]
Designspark has an option to export stl as binary. You may just need to up the RAM a bit.