Z-Suite : big bug...

:(

bug.jpg

Can you may upload .stl file to check this file integrity first?

Regards

lol, indeed thats a big bug.  the .stl file is right?

The STL file :)

Try flipping it 180 degrees on the X axis.  For some reason it didnt like the original position but will slice fine when turned around. 

EDIT-  There were two vertices not connected in the one crevice and even flipping it caused a slight misprint.  Try this file and flip it 180 on the X. Should print perfect

After repair using netfabb basic, anyway we will try to tune repair algoritm inside Z-Suite. But overall it is not any Z-Suite big bug.

Best Regards

Martin

Converted it to a solid in DS Mechanical and resaved as STL.. Works now..

This one looks fine too now..

Converted it to a solid in DS Mechanical and resaved as STL.. Works now..

i am one more of your victims... i'm getting to love DS Mechanical... do you have any advanced tutorials or other material (apart from their own short videos) ?

This one looks fine too now..

Well thats better than having to flip it. like mine. hahaha

You and DS need a room? :lol:  :lol:  :D

Yeah, yeah, I know... Soon, soon!   :P

i am one more of your victims... i'm getting to love DS Mechanical... do you have any advanced tutorials or other material (apart from their own short videos) ?

LOL!!!   It is great software..  Anything specific you are trying to figure out how to do?

Well thats better than having to flip it. like mine. hahaha

You and DS need a room? :lol:  :lol:  :D

Yeah, yeah, I know... Soon, soon!   :P

LOL!!! One of these days... :rolleyes:

LOL!!!   It is great software..  Anything specific you are trying to figure out how to do?

so far it's straightforward and powerful at the same time. i just needed to see complex things being done to get ideas and cheat my way through it's learning curve :P

@Zola2

Did you SPLIT these parts using Z-Suite ???

I have the same problem and it only happens when I SPLIT parts using Z-Suite.

If I split parts using Netfabb, Meshmixer or whatever there is no problem. 

Best regards.

So doing 3d printing, without knowing the basics... and Blaming the software.

It happens to my most files... I downgraded the Z-suite... It is terrible and I even am pretty sure there is no failure when constructing the .STL files since I use Solidworks to create those for many years. This should be fixed in my opinion...

I just created the Z-code with the 0.0.9.6 since the bug occured in the latest version and for the same .stl file and same settings, it just manufactured my gear (yes it was a gear) perfectly.

Therefore it is not about knowing printing fundamentals or any other, it is about the software.

Can you post the gear STL? Im curios as to why it failed in new Z-suite.

Hello everyone,

me too since the new update of the Z-Suite, it happens to me several times to have these kind of weird *.zcode issues. I'm always drawing on Solidworks and check my *.stl files with Netfabb. I put on attached 4 pictures of the same part showing the process and even the .stl part. 

Please, can someone show me where I did a mistake ? Thank you in advance.

N.B : I already tried to move, rotate, .... change all the Z-Suite parameters but nothing worked

Tomorrow morning I’ll check your file. Thanks for upload files!