Z-Suite doesn't run (on Mountain Lion)

I upgraded from 10.7 to 10.8 and now the Mac version is not responding when I launch it, it keeps bouncing in the Dock. I reinstalled the mono framework but it still doesn’t work. I tried to launch the windows version from the Terminal but got this error: Cannot open assembly: File does not contain a valid CIL image.

I upgraded from 10.7 to 10.8 and now the Mac version is not responding when I launch it, it keeps bouncing in the Dock. I reinstalled the mono framework but it still doesn’t work. I tried to launch the windows version from the Terminal but got this error: Cannot open assembly: File does not contain a valid CIL image.

I had the same problem yesterday, but in 10.9.2

Fixed reinstalling Mono framework and also fixing Z-Suite permissions through Terminal : sudo chmod 755

I had the same problem yesterday, but in 10.9.2

Fixed reinstalling Mono framework and also fixing Z-Suite permissions through Terminal : sudo chmod 755

It was already chmod 755. Just now I reinstalled Z-Suite, still doesn’t work. The mono error reveals a core issue.

It was already chmod 755. Just now I reinstalled Z-Suite, still doesn’t work. The mono error reveals a core issue.

I’ll test at my home computer. 10.8 OS there.

The one in my Studio is running Mavericks, and Z-Suite opens.

I’ll test at my home computer. 10.8 OS there.

The one in my Studio is running Mavericks, and Z-Suite opens.

Tried on MacOs 10.8.5, no dice…

Installed from Zortrax links.

Reinstalled MonoFRamework from Mono links, newer version, beta.

Rebooted.

Corrected permissions manually opening package.

Nothing worked.

But in my other machine, OS 10.9.2 it works.

Tried on MacOs 10.8.5, no dice…

Installed from Zortrax links.

Reinstalled MonoFRamework from Mono links, newer version, beta.

Rebooted.

Corrected permissions manually opening package.

Nothing worked.

But in my other machine, OS 10.9.2 it works.

It’s always going to be better on Win than Mac due to the way it’s ported (same with Up software). My advice if you don’t have a Win PC is use Parallels, it works really well these days if you have enough memory in your Mac.

It’s always going to be better on Win than Mac due to the way it’s ported (same with Up software). My advice if you don’t have a Win PC is use Parallels, it works really well these days if you have enough memory in your Mac.

Exactly. Better don’t waste time with poorly ported software.

I use Parallels all the time for 3d software.

Rhino, Moi3d and now Z-suite, which runs much better in windows.

Exactly. Better don’t waste time with poorly ported software.

I use Parallels all the time for 3d software.

Rhino, Moi3d and now Z-suite, which runs much better in windows.

I had this problem twice before. I had to go into the applications folder of Zsuite and start the program from the package contents. Right click Zsuite in applications folder and show package contents then into maces folder and start it from there. It will open terminal up and start Zsuite. After two or 3 times it wail start from applications again.

Cheers. I hope this helps you.

I had this problem twice before. I had to go into the applications folder of Zsuite and start the program from the package contents. Right click Zsuite in applications folder and show package contents then into maces folder and start it from there. It will open terminal up and start Zsuite. After two or 3 times it wail start from applications again.

[quote name=HeavenlyCreation] It will open terminal up and start Zsuite. After two or 3 times it wail start from applications again.

[/quote]

Nope, I think the problem is with mono, not with Z-suite.

I managed to install it on CrossOver in a Win7 bottle with .NET 4.0 but all the buttons are missing.

[quote name=HeavenlyCreation] It will open terminal up and start Zsuite. After two or 3 times it wail start from applications again.

[/quote]

Nope, I think the problem is with mono, not with Z-suite.

I managed to install it on CrossOver in a Win7 bottle with .NET 4.0 but all the buttons are missing.

What about with Parallels?

What about with Parallels?