Z-Suite Freezes after I click Print

I drop my model in, Click print, adjust settings then click print again and BOOM... frozen. Shows an empty frae where the print settings were and holds there until i restart. Here's a quick video of the issue.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/af7och2e1b82kpt/IMG_5064.MOV?dl=0

note: i am on latest version of Yosemite on a brand new macbook Pro.

Model seems ok. I successfully sliced it in Z-Suite for Windows.

Report new bug via bug tracker.

Just downloaded and tried it on my Mac and it slices fine. I'm on a year old MacBook Pro running 10.9.5. It does take quite a while to generate the paths. You should still see it though.

The Mac version is pretty buggy though. I get weird stuff like you're showing all the time when I use it. I usually restart once or twice and it works.

I also run VM Ware with Windows 7 and run Z-Suite there. That's my preferred method as the software works as it's supposed and doesn't look like it was designed in 1995. Until Zortrax builds a proper Mac app, I only use the Mac version in a pinch.

Try to resize your window to a smaller Zsuite window. Some times the frame rate has an issue with macs. You will get that freeze occasionally with a smaller Zsuite window but not near as much as with a large window like you have. 

Just grab the one corner and shrink it. Then sometimes if it freezes with a blank window you can pull the bottom window over to the right and it wills till process the Zcode.

I do wish that Zsuite would be able to actually take control of the computer like most programs but it sort of just runs on top.  And make sure you don't have a 3D program running when you use Zsuite because I believe they both use Sgen Frameworks and Zsuite won't work on a mac when there are other programs using the same frameworks.

Cheers and good luck

I'll be damned... Resizing the window worked. That is such a random fix but okay :-) 

If PC version works more consistent i guess Im cool with running an emulator moving forward. Thanks for the advice. 

I'll be damned... Resizing the window worked. That is such a random fix but okay :-) 

If PC version works more consistent i guess Im cool with running an emulator moving forward. Thanks for the advice. 

Don't do it....lol hahaha  I have been told and told about using windows with this and other 3D software but i will be damned if I have to abandon my principles to use a program. lol

Granted I'm sort of limited in 3D programs but I'm more limited in my ability to learn them than the OS. hahah 

I use Blender for Modeling, Nettfabb and Rhino for additional features like copy, fixing holes etc.  I'm quite content. I'm sure my 3D engineer I use has Windows programs and does a great job which makes my need for it mute. 

I won't buy Windows, its as simple as that. Come hell or high water. Maybe I am just too old and stubborn but I have been a Windows man and I hated myself for it. I can't go back, I won't go back. 

These programmers just have to come to me and my Mac or I will use something different. HA!

Anyway, Do what you need, not what you have to! 

Don't do it....lol hahaha  I have been told and told about using windows with this and other 3D software but i will be damned if I have to abandon my principles to use a program. lol

Granted I'm sort of limited in 3D programs but I'm more limited in my ability to learn them than the OS. hahah 

I use Blender for Modeling, Nettfabb and Rhino for additional features like copy, fixing holes etc.  I'm quite content. I'm sure my 3D engineer I use has Windows programs and does a great job which makes my need for it mute. 

I won't buy Windows, its as simple as that. Come hell or high water. Maybe I am just too old and stubborn but I have been a Windows man and I hated myself for it. I can't go back, I won't go back. 

These programmers just have to come to me and my Mac or I will use something different. HA!

Anyway, Do what you need, not what you have to! 

Don't call yourself OLD!!! I'm 40 too... lol   Your not OLD!!! Because I'm not OLD!!!!  :P :lol: :lol: :lol: