Z-Suite v0.0.9.6 Question

I don't know if this is an issue or just a change in the software but the support material doesn't show up the same as it used to in Z-Suite.  It used to show the entire length of the support but now it only shows the base and top (see attached photo).  Has anyone else noticed this?  This is using Support Lite.

I was going to print something but I am worried that the support wouldn't print fully since it isn't all showing in the Z-Code preview. 

The same issue here, support visualization is crucial to know if part will be correctly fabricated.

Z team, please stop releasing incomplete, non-functional, poorly reviewed software updates.

If this is a bug, this should have been noticed.

If this is an issue with some video cards should be notified.

Running i7, 16 gb ram, and Nvidia with 2 gb. I can't believe it's hardware related.

This just happens on lite support, but no matter which one are we using it has to be shown, just because you think is better not to visualize it means we are all ok. Just the same that happens with toolpath visualization, even basic softwares as simplify 3d has this feature of toolpath visualization.

Software needs to be functional not beautiful. zsuite interface is great but it lacks some important features that are basic for AM. A good infill ensures part quality and allows to know if there will be weak spots, or certain areas where selected infill might not work as planned.

In support case sometimes is weak at spots, or intrincated and to be able to see where and how it's going to be placed aid in part orientation.

If work is going to be done, it has to be done OK just one time. If not better not do it...

And also, January it's over and with new update still no wifi, this has now a year being promised... Just as PC-ABS.

We need full features, it's long enough time already.

I don't know if this is an issue or just a change in the software but the support material doesn't show up the same as it used to in Z-Suite.  It used to show the entire length of the support but now it only shows the base and top (see attached photo).  Has anyone else noticed this?  This is using Support Lite.

I was going to print something but I am worried that the support wouldn’t print fully since it isn’t all showing in the Z-Code preview.

It is invisible only at preview but at print time everything looks ok I just finished my second print with new version and everything is ok it is just preview bug I wrote about this to support

It is invisible only at preview but at print time everything looks ok I just finished my second print with new version and everything is ok it is just preview bug I wrote about this to support

That's good.  I thought it may just be a visual thing in the software and not actually print that way but I wasn't sure.

I think that such visual details should be able to be activated/deactivated in Z-Suite. Intentionally and completely removing supports, infill or other visual details from the software and without an option to simply show or hide them doesen't help but only makes things harder and more confusing for people that have to guess what would happen in that area.

Zortrax, please let the users choice what they want to show/hide in the preview window. This can happen through simple activate/deactivate icons or checkboxes or whatever you like for each of the visual options (toolpaths. infill, supports, raft).

I agree.  It would be nice to have the option to see the infill as well if we want.