Z-Suite V0.9.6

For those who need to roll back to V0.9.6 here is the download:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hy9u3i6nlpxbhzg/Z-Suite_BETA_V0.0.9.6_Win.exe?dl=0

-Michael

-Michael

We strongly suggest to always install the latest version of Z-Suite as it's the most compatible with all the newest solutions in our printers.

The same goes with the latest version of the firmware.

Regards,

Chris

-Michael

Thank you, I hope this fixes my problems.

We strongly suggest to always install the latest version of Z-Suite as it's the most compatible with all the newest solutions in our printers.

The same goes with the latest version of the firmware.

Regards,

Chris

I understand that the latest is always preferred but I have found that the most stable Software to date was the 0.9.6 for support removal of ZABS and ULTRA-T as well as having the least amount of bugs. I have tested every software since 1.0 and found that most had issue so I am posting this for those who have requested to roll back to 9.6. I would use the current software but I am having 2 issues with it which I have not had the time to report which are: removal of internal supports (sticking to the rook of the cavity's) and my parts sitting half way through the build plate in the software. I would recommend to anyone they get the latest software but when some have issue with it I always have a fall back version.

-Michael

I also take care to not just upgrade the software which usually means it uninstalls the previous version, I install the newer versions in separate directories and add the version number to the names so I can switch to an older version as needed.

I would recommend to anyone they get the latest software but when some have issue with it I always have a fall back version.

My statement to this subject is even stronger: It is the responsibility of the manufacturer to provide customers with older versions until they fixed all issues with their new versions.

That way I do not understand why 0.9.6 is removed by Z and customers have to exchange the software via DropBox (wich is not legal probably).

To me 0.9.6 is a bad piece of software but the only Z-Suite I can produce proper prints with. I opened almost all my tickets with 0.9.6 and the issues have been claimed by Z to be fixed with the next software version (would have been 1.0.0) and they are not. Not with 1.0.2 and not with 1.1.0 instead the newer versions introduce other errors. After trying over a week to get some objects printed (insane toolpaths and infill ruining the prints) I printed them now with 0.9.6 and I am back to this software version.

My statement to this subject is even stronger: It is the responsibility of the manufacturer to provide customers with older versions until they fixed all issues with their new versions.

That way I do not understand why 0.9.6 is removed by Z and customers have to exchange the software via DropBox (wich is not legal probably).

To me 0.9.6 is a bad piece of software but the only Z-Suite I can produce proper prints with. I opened almost all my tickets with 0.9.6 and the issues have been claimed by Z to be fixed with the next software version (would have been 1.0.0) and they are not. Not with 1.0.2 and not with 1.1.0 instead the newer versions introduce other errors. After trying over a week to get some objects printed (insane toolpaths and infill ruining the prints) I printed them now with 0.9.6 and I am back to this software version.

Hello,

Please send all of the mentioned issues to me in a private message. I will review all of them and pass them to our software team.

Regards,

Chris

chris,

you are doing a fine job...glad you are here !!

Please send all of the mentioned issues to me in a private message. I will review all of them and pass them to our software team.

Sorry I won't (told that before) because it makes absolute no sense at all.

Because Z-Management declared most ot the bugs fixed or handled (BTW, in a real development world the issuers of the tickets close them, not the team that caused the bugs and have to fix them, but...) and some more experienced users are yelling about UI improvements (that don't work reliable also). So why should I put any effort into describing printing issues a third time while they can be read by anyone at Zortrax by just looking into bug tracker?

It just doesn't make sense!

It's always an additional feedback for us. Sometimes we find issues in the forum, that have not been reported in the Bug Tracker. 

If you know that all of the issues which you're talking about have been reported there allready, then please wait patiently for the new upcomming versions of Z-Suite, which should include fixes for most of them.

As I've mentioned before, we're open for any suggestions and problems reported by our community.

Regards,

Chris

chris,

you are doing a fine job...glad you are here !!

+1

I understand that the latest is always preferred but I have found that the most stable Software to date was the 0.9.6 for support removal of ZABS and ULTRA-T as well as having the least amount of bugs. I have tested every software since 1.0 and found that most had issue so I am posting this for those who have requested to roll back to 9.6. I would use the current software but I am having 2 issues with it which I have not had the time to report which are: removal of internal supports (sticking to the rook of the cavity's) and my parts sitting half way through the build plate in the software. I would recommend to anyone they get the latest software but when some have issue with it I always have a fall back version.

-Michael

-Michael

Thank you for 0.96, it fix my problems, but I'm still having problems with the support removal. I puts support in areas that's not needed, big pain in A$@. I wish Zortrax just made a deal with Simply3D and be done with all this B.S. I your filament is better I will pay for it, don't make me pay more and suffer more. There is no doubt that you great hardware, but the software ???. 

maybe they lost the recipe.

Well I have seen posts regarding 9.6 as better than the new software in more than one thread here.

I can tell you it is not! 

Zortrax was kind enough to send me the 9.6 because I didn't have it saved and it is inferior to the new software. 

I thought I needed 9.6 because of the wonderful things being said on here about it and how it helps with surface slicing aesthetics and other things.  

IT does NOT! 

Thanks for wasting Zortrax and my time-----well I guess it was my fault for thinking other people know what they are talking about. 

Anyway...Cheers and have fun!  :P

Well I have seen posts regarding 9.6 as better than the new software in more than one thread here.

Well, if you have seen such a one sentence post (and even more than once), please show me!

Most of the ones I have seen have been quite specific in what areas 0.9.6 is better than the newer versions and the 'other people' might have reason to use it and tell it here.

Maybe you did not read thoroughly and probably not understand when and how it's used better.

Anyway, Cheers and I have fun!  :P