Z-ULTRAT Filament

Has anybody tried the new Z-ULTRAT Filament  yet ? and what kind of plastic is it? I have e mailed Zortrax but I have not head back on it.

thanks

Clark

I just ordered Z-ULTRAT, it should be soon at my office and I will let you know guys

I've used it. It is natural (uncolored) and looks like a glossy kind of ABS. The layer bonding is very strong. It can still have some warping, but less than Z-ABS. There is no splitting, thanks to the better layer bonding. Parts feel more solid and substantial than with Z-ABS. I hope it will be released in more colors and that the price can be reduced.

PCB%20in%20bottom.JPG

Hi Julia, jetlagged?

Do you (anyone) know the specs of Ultrat?

Is this a Zortrax brand for PC-ABS?

I've used it. It is natural (uncolored) and looks like a glossy kind of ABS. The layer bonding is very strong. It can still have some warping, but less than Z-ABS. There is no splitting, thanks to the better layer bonding. Parts feel more solid and substantial than with Z-ABS. I hope it will be released in more colors and that the price can be reduced.

PCB%20in%20bottom.JPG

thank you Julia that helps me a lot,  can you tell me if  it will glue Acetone?

Good question, but sorry I have not tried acetone on UltraT yet.

@gadgetstogo - Z-ULTRAT has the same acetone vapor treatment as Z-ABS.

@venosa - from my information which I received from support the Z-PCABS will be available on June.

Thanks!