Zsuite 0.0.9.3 Available - what's new?

Thanks Kyle, please report your observations. 

Why don't you guys simply read the release notes? :D

http://forum.zortrax.com/index.php?/topic/855-z-suite®-beta-v0093-for-windowsmac-is-ready-to-download/#entry15528

They weren't there when I first asked the question.

Thanks Kyle, please report your observations. 

Same problem with 100% fan. Part fused to raft. Going to try 0.0.9 next  Just got done using 0.0.9  (I forgot to download 0.0.9.1) Part popped off raft with little effort and didn't destroy the cage.. I will say that the first few layers look kind of weird though.. I think there is a small space in the floor on the STL. It prints a half circle the first couple layers in the floor..

Maybe the auto fan settings should only start doing it's work 2-3 layers after the raft has been completed. Just fine tuning I suppose, the option itself worked fine in my opinion the first and only time I used it.

Thanks Kyle.  :)

I just printed GoPro tripod adapter: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:63134

Settings:

Z-ABS

speed normal

infill solid

support disabled

support light no

fan speed auto

It was "glued" so much, that when I was removing raft, it break off on the second layer, not on the bottom.  :(

Just now, when I tried to slice bird cage in old version (9.1) my wife told me, that she resized cage by factor 1.4. :blink:

So STL which I attached earlier, must be resized by factor 1.4.

Sorry, I really did not know that before...  :(

And now I will try old version of z-suite (9.1), 40% fan, all other settings as before. Will report back.

Bird cage, sliced with version 0.0.9.1, raft can be removed with hand, no tools needed.

Thank you guys for reporting, we have fixed problem with raft on small objects for all of fan settings (now during tests). Please note that bird cage is not absolutely flat on the bottom so support can be not-so-easy-to-remove-by-hand, in other models everything should be OK (both large and small ones).

You can use automatic fan in most models without any problems - it’s now the default setting and we are testing printing profiles mostly with auto fan.

Great, thank you Filip!

Thank you guys for reporting, we have fixed problem with raft on small objects for all of fan settings (now during tests). Please note that bird cage is not absolutely flat on the bottom so support can be not-so-easy-to-remove-by-hand, in other models everything should be OK (both large and small ones).

You can use automatic fan in most models without any problems - it’s now the default setting and we are testing printing profiles mostly with auto fan.

Hey Filip.. I drew my own bird cage the same scale and still had problems.. I know the bottom is flat on mine..  Did you update 9.3 Today? Do I need to download it again? Here is the one I drew. 9.1 came out fine.. 9.3 could not get raft off. NO file errors!!  https://www.dropbox.com/s/o2wuv5w1um6k693/Bird%20cage.stl?dl=0

Printed .14 full auto fan and 100% fan. Still stuck.

I haven't tried the birdcage, but I'm doing a lot of big prints with lots of support, both vertical and flat. With 0.9.3, 190u layers, UltraT fast speed and 20 or 40% manual fan, all support is coming off beautifully; I am very happy with it. Raft pops off with easy hand pull, and almost no need to use tools anywhere on the prints.

snapshot1.jpg

That's good news.. I have a 35 hour print coming up. I might just try it..

@Kyle,

We didn’t update software yet, before that we need to test new settings in many prints. We will let you know when the fix will be released.

Having Issues with Ultra T black on 0.09 Layers, can I send PM with STL and z code?

Layers of raft looks odd somewhat like a mess and they got bonded to the part.

This is incredibly weird because I have done parts on 0.09 with Ultra t no issues...

@ahntlia

Of course - you can send me PM or send message to support@ .

Here's a collection of big rafts about 170 x 200mm (and on the far left, the part that came from one of them). All of them peeled off easily and perfectly by hand.

0.9.3, UltraT, fast speed, 190u layers, 3 or 4 top/bottom layers, 20 or 40% manual fan.

IMG_7821.JPG

Here's a large part which for various reasons had to be printed with the side shown in the photo facing down toward the platform, therefore lots of support was involved. Previously with 0.9.1 the flat support under the large flat area in the middle of the part was welded to the part and pretty much impossible to remove. With 0.9.3 I was able to get it all off, although it took a little digging in places. It doesn't really matter since this is not visible after assembly, but I am obsessive :)

0.9.3, UltraT, fast speed, 190u layers, 4 top/bottom layers, 20% manual fan.

IMG_7822.JPG

Here's a large part which for various reasons had to be printed with the side shown in the photo facing down toward the platform, therefore lots of support was involved. Previously with 0.9.1 the flat support under the large flat area in the middle of the part was welded to the part and pretty much impossible to remove. With 0.9.3 I was able to get it all off, although it took a little digging in places. It doesn't really matter since this is not visible after assembly, but I am obsessive :)

0.9.3, UltraT, fast speed, 190u layers, 4 top/bottom layers, 20% manual fan.

IMG_7822.JPG

Do you have any tips for this? I'm in the same boat for having large flats being printed on support, but with ZABS I'm not having much luck with the support removal. Also I have several pockets like the top of this picture where you physically can't get a very large tool to remove material. This process is also extremely time consuming. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks. 

FYI I also haven't been having issues with raft. Easy peel for me.