1.7.2 Causing Slicing Problems?

I've attempted to run 3 separate jobs since the update and none of them are able to get past 20% once I click "Print" in Z-Suite.

I have had no problem so far, working on M200 and M300 fine,

and

Any suggestions on how to fix this issue? I've tried multiple times, restarted the computer, reinstalled z-suite, nothing fixes it.

Every time I try to slice anything in Z-suite, it gets to 20% and sits there forever. (I've left it on overnight).

I can't upload the zproj file either because it's too large...

Any suggestions on how to fix this issue? I've tried multiple times, restarted the computer, reinstalled z-suite, nothing fixes it.

Every time I try to slice anything in Z-suite, it gets to 20% and sits there forever. (I’ve left it on overnight).

I can’t upload the zproj file either because it’s too large…

Upload STL and ZPROJ to some kind of hosting and post me a link, please.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/czh0klvhd4yb9g9/AABHRR_FVTXsyjVH5eIycco6a?dl=0

Here's the link, the STL contains the basic floor piece that I've copied multiple times to run a long print.

It's not specific to this file though, this is just an example of one that doesn't work.

Anything remotely decent sized will not slice past 20%... doesn't matter what settings I choose, what version of software(I tried reinstalling and installing 0.9.6, none of them work).

I've even tried installing Z-Suite on my laptop and attempting to slice this and the same issue occurs, gets stuck at 20%.

I'm really lost as to what could be causing this.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/czh0klvhd4yb9g9/AABHRR_FVTXsyjVH5eIycco6a?dl=0

Here's the link, the STL contains the basic floor piece that I've copied multiple times to run a long print.

It's not specific to this file though, this is just an example of one that doesn't work.

Anything remotely decent sized will not slice past 20%... doesn't matter what settings I choose, what version of software(I tried reinstalling and installing 0.9.6, none of them work).

I've even tried installing Z-Suite on my laptop and attempting to slice this and the same issue occurs, gets stuck at 20%.

I'm really lost as to what could be causing this.

Ran on mine. 1.7.2.1 Hung up at 20% for about 2 minutes. 64% about 45 seconds. Finished fine. Same settings as you were running. Win7 64 bit. I7-4770k 3.5GHZ 16gb RAM. Hope this helps. Gonna try running the Zproj and see what happens.

Its very complicated model, it took a while to slice it on pretty good PC (stucks @ 20%). Model has over 100k triangles, even if you cut majority of the model and leave top, it takes time to slice due to its surface.

669f41d8a7a24559aafbbda84869c4a7.png

Is anyone else still having problems with pillowing in z-suite 1.7.2.1? I really wish Zortrax had given us the option of more top surface layers rather than take away the option altogether. 

Attached are two resampled models,  one 10k, other 30k.  Also consider printing vertically to improve detail of print as well as the slicing time.

Used 1.7.1, but maybe more CPU power, which CPU do you use?

Your single one STL file needed 55s to slice. The Project 14m01s, it's attached.

Michael

Hey guys, thanks for the help. Zortrax support was able to help me with the issue by changing the serial number registry and re-installing 1.7.0

I've now been able to slice the zproj without issue and as normal. I'm not sure what triggered the problem but it appears to be fixed now.

Yes, they are complicated files, they're 3D printed Dungeons & Dragons tiles for my campaign, they take a while but they look 100% awesome when we play and my players have grown to love them.

Attached are two resampled models,  one 10k, other 30k.  Also consider printing vertically to improve detail of print as well as the slicing time.

Printing vertically would probably result in having to add a bunch of supports and would add post processing time.

Printing horizontally has been working really well so far, the quality of the prints has been really good.

Is anyone else still having problems with pillowing in z-suite 1.7.2.1? I really wish Zortrax had given us the option of more top surface layers rather than take away the option altogether. 

My pillowing went away after I repaired the ribbon cable so that both of my dual fans would work.

My pillowing went away after I repaired the ribbon cable so that both of my dual fans would work.

You shouldn't need duel fans, the zortrax profiles are tuned for a single fan and my fan is working correctly. I don't get pillowing if I use max infill but this is not possible on all models due to warping and additional print time.

You shouldn't need duel fans, the zortrax profiles are tuned for a single fan and my fan is working correctly. I don't get pillowing if I use max infill but this is not possible on all models due to warping and additional print time.

If you look at the Z-code, the top layers have been set to 6. That was the max in earlier versions. You may have something else going on.

If you look at the Z-code, the top layers have been set to 6. That was the max in earlier versions. You may have something else going on.

Thanks Kyle, I read on another post that the top layers had been increased but obviously 6 layers at 90um is only 0.54mm i would like to be able to set the side wall thickness and top and bottom surfaces to be the same. 140um works fine but then 6 layers is 0.84mm so a lot thicker.