2 x M200's starting height differences

I have 1x m200 with around 700 hours print time on it. even after auto calibration it sits a nice 1-2mm above the platform when it first starts extruding. the raft is perfect for removing.

picked up a 2nd m200 to ramp up production but this guy is printing almost flush with the plate on the first layer. prints are difficult to remove!

i've run auto calibration on both printers and both have hardware v4 with latest firmware...

why are the different to each other?

1-2mm, that would be huge  :o Did you mean 0.1 - 0.2mm? I've noticed initial height variation as well - printer-to-printer, and print-to-print.

It wouldn't be far off 2mm!

They both print great its just hard to remove rafts on one of them! Seems crazy there is no fine software adjustment... I have a makerbot 5th alongside my 2 m200s and i can adjust the z-height on that guy.

Anyway, love my m200s more!

You can offset the Z-Height with a steel shim.

Each time the print starts the nozzle does a self check and gets the Z height by touching the centre platform, if you place a shim between the nozzle and bed during this calibration it will offset the Z-height.

But you are right, it would always be nice to have more options in software. 

Check heatbed (and headbead mount) using Spirit Tool, it may be crooked. 

You can offset the Z-Height with a steel shim.

Each time the print starts the nozzle does a self check and gets the Z height by touching the centre platform, if you place a shim between the nozzle and bed during this calibration it will offset the Z-height.

But you are right, it would always be nice to have more options in software. 

Thanks for the advice!

I think I'll plan for something more permanent but I think I'd like to have some of these shims in my kit, they would get me out of trouble in the interim... Any idea on sizes I would need and places to get them?

Google "feeler gauge".