3D printed motorcycle engine-"functional" prototype

Hello all, my engine is now ready, all the bits have been printed in 1:1 scale and ready to be fully assembled. All parts work as a "real" engine. There are a few hundred parts, larger parts made in sections of 6-10 pieces and glued together. Some distortion of the larger parts, but a file and chisel can make everything fit  :) . Discovered a few things that needs to be redesigned/corrected before CNC machining the engine, so it is useful to 3D print before making it in metal. Total print hours are 3-4000. Great evening project!

Thanks for looking!

John Tangerås

Nice work :)

wow, respect. Did you designed everything by yourself?

wow, respect. Did you designed everything by yourself?

Hello Eed, thanks for the comment! Yes, I designed/calculated it myself. I am a mech, engineer so its pretty straight forward.

Best regards

John Tangerås

Hello Eed, thanks for the comment! Yes, I designed/calculated it myself. I am a mech, engineer so its pretty straight forward.

Best regards

John Tangerås

Amazing!

Curious if your going to make this operate?  Sounds like a proto before CNC, did you use ABS or another Z mat?  Ambitous!

Hello all, my engine is now ready, all the bits have been printed in 1:1 scale and ready to be fully assembled. All parts work as a "real" engine. There are a few hundred parts, larger parts made in sections of 6-10 pieces and glued together. Some distortion of the larger parts, but a file and chisel can make everything fit  :) . Discovered a few things that needs to be redesigned/corrected before CNC machining the engine, so it is useful to 3D print before making it in metal. Total print hours are 3-4000. Great evening project!

Thanks for looking!

John Tangerås

very nice !!

Curious if your going to make this operate?  Sounds like a proto before CNC, did you use ABS or another Z mat?  Ambitous!

Thanks for your comment! The plan is to make a working prototype using CNC. I used ABS.