about more durable ribbon cables

My last post here was about better replacing some screws before they are worn out and needed to be drilled off and should prevent others from running into this.

But forum administration decided to hide it in the park (moved it to "Hyde Park"), the Z-Folks have just no manners, some things will not change...

This one is even better, after the management statement yesterday (http://forum.zortrax.com/index.php?/topic/1962-why-is-there-no-wlan-modul-with-the-new-delivery-with-the-v2-noozle/?p=23657) I really did not believe my eyes what I could read.

BTW, you may have missed that statement because the thread was closed and it's update status was deleted for that it could not been seen updated on the forums entry page. Well, manners, I told you...

From the statement yesterday we could learn about Zs uninterrupted efforts in making things better and among them they created a more durable ribbon cable.

Right here I wanted to tell about this engineering failure but I'm not the only one dealing with the issue and another user even pointed it out with clear speech: http://forum.zortrax.com/index.php?/topic/1982-manual-platform-calibration/?p=23699

Thank you VipeR!

Mine died yesterday and I was not so fed up because I had a spare cable.

But actually the spare is the older variant (the one that I would call much more reliable than what was coming with my V4 M200) and it has different wiring because of a mirrored socket at the controller!

You can connect it to the controller and extruder (or Z-Zemp), but it will not work and most probably damage your TC Controller (as it did with mine).

Well, I had another spare part (Extruder PCB) and after identifying the problem I was able to get it to work with a gender changer.

The Bottom line:

1. If you replace your extruder cable check twice that it's right one for the machine

2. Z should apply for another patent for their long durable ribbon cable before the competition steals that engineering geniality

But actually the spare is the older variant (the one that I would call much more reliable than what was coming with my V4 M200) and it has different wiring because of a mirrored socket at the controller!

Having different spare part than actual one is a first sign that something is different and you should contact with support first http://support.zortrax.com/application-form/

Well, I had another spare part (Extruder PCB) and after identifying the problem I was able to get it to work with a gender changer.

Is gender changer was included as small black PCB ? Or do you created your own ?

Best Regards

Martin

My last post here was about better replacing some screws before they are worn out and needed to be drilled off and should prevent others from running into this.

But forum administration decided to hide it in the park (moved it to "Hyde Park"), the Z-Folks have just no manners, some things will not change...

This one is even better, after the management statement yesterday (http://forum.zortrax.com/index.php?/topic/1962-why-is-there-no-wlan-modul-with-the-new-delivery-with-the-v2-noozle/?p=23657) I really did not believe my eyes what I could read.

BTW, you may have missed that statement because the thread was closed and it's update status was deleted for that it could not been seen updated on the forums entry page. Well, manners, I told you...

From the statement yesterday we could learn about Zs uninterrupted efforts in making things better and among them they created a more durable ribbon cable.

Right here I wanted to tell about this engineering failure but I'm not the only one dealing with the issue and another user even pointed it out with clear speech: http://forum.zortrax.com/index.php?/topic/1982-manual-platform-calibration/?p=23699

Thank you VipeR!

You can connect it to the controller and extruder (or Z-Zemp), but it will not work and most probably damage your TC Controller (as it did with mine).

The Bottom line:

1. If you replace your extruder cable check twice that it's right one for the machine

2. Z should apply for another patent for their long durable ribbon cable before the competition steals that engineering geniality

If you're ambitious and good with desoldering/soldering, you can move the motherboard connector back to the component side of the board where it was originally designed to be with the IDC connectors - then a standard IDC-IDC cable will work. They moved the header to the bottom of the board in order to "mirror" it for the crimp-connector cable.

Having different spare part than actual one is a first sign that something is different and you should contact with support first http://support.zortrax.com/application-form/

Is gender changer was included as small black PCB ? Or do you created your own ?

Best Regards

Martin

Maybe I overlooked that excellent Change Log that describes the differences, then just my fault.

I soldered my own gender changer with two connectors.

If you're ambitious and good with desoldering/soldering, you can move the motherboard connector back to the component side of the board where it was originally designed to be with the IDC connectors - then a standard IDC-IDC cable will work. They moved the header to the bottom of the board in order to "mirror" it for the crimp-connector cable.

It is easier to just hook another connector on the solder points of the existing one (If you're ambitious and good with soldering,).  :)

But I think my next action in that area of the printer will be to remove the controller.  :ph34r: