Add the option for TEMP!

Hi, 

Just got my zortrax the other day very nice printer but one thing i HATE All ready! You cant not adjust the temp of the hot end or the bed. Why would zortrax do this? Does any one have a answer. Seems really dumb to me. Also I dont like that the screen on printer does not show the temps of the bed and or hot end.

This is not "open source" printer with poor software in which you need set many option to print something. In the Z-Suite is set all parameters for perfectly prints, I think this is the reason why Zortrax print quality is the best on the market in this range price, and why this printer is user friendly. 

While to a limited extent I agree with you, if you were surprised by this you didn’t do your homework before purchase. Like Aleksieg said, the m200 has probably the best print quality anywhere near it’s price range, but to get this quality they have worked to perfectly match the settings to the filament. The only reason I’d want adjustable temp would be to use other materials, but I would much prefer Z to introduce their own so I know it’s going to print perfectly every time instead of wasting time and filament tweaking.

Did you do ANY research before you bought the printer? :smiley:

Hi, 

Just got my zortrax the other day very nice printer but one thing i HATE All ready! You cant not adjust the temp of the hot end or the bed. Why would zortrax do this? Does any one have a answer. Seems really dumb to me. Also I dont like that the screen on printer does not show the temps of the bed and or hot end.

Ok  so you give me Free Shipping and I give you 1,000 USD and you send me your hated Printer!

Deal?

So I've been printing for a while. Bought a Makerbut, sent it back. Built a Rostock Max v2 and have a few less hair follicles. So having the Delta and the M200 I have experience at both extremes. If you want to tinker, explore and experiment buy something that uses opensource software, like Slic3r or Skeinforge, and allows you to buy any brand filament. But you will spend a lot of time and filament $ until you figure each PID setting for the thermistors, bed temperature, hotend temperature. And that's for a particular print with a particular filament. Change the same manufacturer filament but different color and repeat step 1. The M200 is limited but will give you an end-product the first time. It's like the difference between windows and Linux - roll-your-own or it just works. 

I think we all agree that Zortrax is very easy to use and delivers good prints right out off the box. But to add temp and feed options don't make Zortrax ready profiles less good. They could just add an advanced option for advanced users with ten thousands warning messages or they could have an advanced option hidden and only way to get it open is to get a code for it that has to come from Zortax.

Ofcourse this will not happen so i am happy other solotions to change temp for users that want to use their Zortrax to it's fully potential available already.

I reading this stories about temperature settings since year :slight_smile: Really everybody believe that temperature is the answer for new materials because the reality is different. Hotend V2 is the answer for new materials - for example just for test using good quality flexible material we was able to print it using even Z-ABS profile.

Hotend V2 will give possibility to provide new profiles and print using new materials but magically tuned temperature settings not.

Best Regards

Martin

I reading this stories about temperature settings since year :) Really everybody believe that temperature is the answer for new materials because the reality is different. Hotend V2 is the answer for new materials - for example just for test using good quality flexible material we was able to print it using even Z-ABS profile.

Hotend V2 will give possibility to provide new profiles and print using new materials but magically tuned temperature settings not.

Best Regards

Martin

I think lower temp is the key here Martin. People are wanting to print PLA and other that require lower temps without cooking. I do agree and can't wait to try V2 though. Should keep heat away from filament in the feed tube..

Ok  so you give me Free Shipping and I give you 1,000 USD and you send me your hated Printer!

Deal?

Nice try, Didn't say i hated the printer i love it, prints great for the price. Just didnt like how i cant adjust the temp. Thats all. 

Did you do ANY research before you bought the printer? :D

Some looked at there site didn't say anything about set profiles well at least I didnt see. Couldn't check out the program due to needed a SN, reviews where great, better then the ultimaker 2 so went with this. I very happy with it just a few thinks i didn't like but i can live with it.