Any tips on joining parts?

Hi all,

I split a part into 2 and added dowels one side and location holes the other.

Any tips for joining the 2 parts together?

Also, any advice for filling any gaps etc to get an invisible mend? 😄

I do that all the time I glue them together with acetone, works good ,  if you design your part right no need to fill gaps , But I think if you get one of the 3d doodle pens , you can fill the gaps with that

hope this helps

I do that all the time I glue them together with acetone, works good ,  if you design your part right no need to fill gaps , But I think if you get one of the 3d doodle pens , you can fill the gaps with that

hope this helps

Thanks.

Are you painting the part?

I thick acetone slurry should fill the gaps. May need more than one coat and sanding after but I know it fill the gap on a print I did coupled with an acetone bath made it look almost perfect.

But even putting a filler into the holes and a thick slurry over top should also do the trick.

Are you painting the part?

I wasn’t planning on painting it.

I wanted a little gap to make it look like the head moves so I put a thick slurry on parts of it and then acetone bath smother it over. I know I should've built up the slurry but I still like the way it turned out. Ofcourse my painting is another thing haha

Ofcourse detail is lost but theres no going around that unless you use something like the XTC-3D coating that can be worked into the holes

IMGP4931.jpgIMGP4940.JPG