Anyone using Solidworks?

Hi All,

Is there anyone out there using Solidworks who could do a minor change to sldprt file for me?

I've got a design for a part I'd like to use in my Wanhao, but can't open/edit it in my cad program, and don't really want to buy solidworks just for that.

Would be much appreciated.

Hi All,

Is there anyone out there using Solidworks who could do a minor change to sldprt file for me?

I've got a design for a part I'd like to use in my Wanhao, but can't open/edit it in my cad program, and don't really want to buy solidworks just for that.

I can give it a go. Mail me the file: trhuster@gmail.com

Use Onshape. Free. Online.

Hi All,

I’ve got a design for a part I’d like to use in my Wanhao, but can’t open/edit it in my cad program, and don’t really want to buy solidworks just for that.

Pm me the file and let me know what you need done…

Thanks guys!

I'll just start in the order you replied and see how we go.

Much appreciated!

You can use me as a backup in case the others can't do it.  I have access to Geomagic Design and Onshape and both can import from and to Solidworks files.

Mike

You can use me as a backup in case the others can't do it.  I have access to Geomagic Design and Onshape and both can import from and to Solidworks files.

Mike

Thanks Michael,

It's apparently the latest version of solidworks and the first guy couldn't open it either.

I've sent it on to Ssangster, and if he struggles I'd really appreciated taking you up on that.

I could open it in Onshape, but at the risk of sounding stupid, couldn't figure that interface out at all.

No problem - let me know if everyone else drops out in a day or two.

With the exception of the 3D-printed projects from Kyle and  a few others, I've found that most mechanical designs aren't worth the trouble to download and you are usually better off just reverse engineering or designing from scratch.  Projects that include full Solidworks models have a better chance than ones that just include a dumb solid assembly, like the one you are dealing with.