Auto Calibration failed (noozle crash into plate)

Hello,

My name is Boris and i´m new in this "business".

I got my M200 a week ago for christmas. Unfortunatly it do not work.

My problem is, when I start the auto calibration the head moves in the left back corner (looking from the front panel into the printer). Then the M200 lifts the plate and do not stop when the plate collides with the head. He tries several time until I swith of the printer.

I learned from the forum here, that the definition of the table height will be done by a electrical contact between the metal corners of the perforated plate and the noozle. So it seems I have a interruption in the circuit. I tried to measure the connectivity from the plate to the connectors backside. I found out, that the left of the three pins and the middle are shorted and the right pin is contacted with the metal corners and the metal area in the middle of the plate. Unfortunatly I do not know if this is correct? Can somebody confirm this? So I ask myself what are the left and the middle contact good for?

I already ordered a new perforated plate, but I want to understand where the problem is coming from

Best regards

Boris

Check if the tip of the nozzle have contact with the spot pointed on this PCB photo.

Extruder-PCB-replacement-5_720x600.png

Sometimes this contact fails. I did a wire bypass from one of the two screws on top of the hotend aluminum block to the PCB. it worked.

Normally this is done by the white thermocouple wire.

Hello,

My name is Boris and i´m new in this "business".

I got my M200 a week ago for christmas. Unfortunatly it do not work.

My problem is, when I start the auto calibration the head moves in the left back corner (looking from the front panel into the printer). Then the M200 lifts the plate and do not stop when the plate collides with the head. He tries several time until I swith of the printer.

I learned from the forum here, that the definition of the table height will be done by a electrical contact between the metal corners of the perforated plate and the noozle. So it seems I have a interruption in the circuit. I tried to measure the connectivity from the plate to the connectors backside. I found out, that the left of the three pins and the middle are shorted and the right pin is contacted with the metal corners and the metal area in the middle of the plate. Unfortunatly I do not know if this is correct? Can somebody confirm this? So I ask myself what are the left and the middle contact good for?

I already ordered a new perforated plate, but I want to understand where the problem is coming from

Best regards

Boris

Did you put a support ticket in? 

Some just post here but its best to put a support ticket in and then post here for help so you can get help on both ends. 

Happy holidays

Make sure you removed the locking plastics on the top tracks.  They are there for transportation  (shipping) only. They ara printed parts and are attached to prevent the extruder from moving during shipping.

If you fail to remove them the XY mechanism will not be able to move to the corner where it needs to move to detect the home position and the platform will crash into the base and keep slipping.

Hi,

sorry for my delayed response - I had holidays :-)

Yesterday I could fix my problem and printed out my first carabiner.

Still waiting for the spare part, I was frustrated and I was thinking about the pin of the small connector on the perforated plate.

I did not found any spec for this, but when I switched on the printer without the mounted plate I got the message that there is no plate mounted on the display.

That means, the software has an indicator whether the plate is mounted or not. With a magniefier I inspected the solder point on the plate and detected, that there is a short between the left and the middle pin (view on the connectorside - not frontside of the printer). And this seems to be logic. If the female connector is connected with the plate both cables gets shortend and the software knows the plate is mounted. The right pin is in contact with the metal areas of the perforated plate and will get shortend with the noozle when both approaches.

After learning this, I was able to solder the pins of the connector to the plate.

And, tata, the printer works.

So I will have a happy Sunday.

Best regards

Boris