auto calibration fails.

Hi all,

My auto calibration is now failing every time I go to calibrate the print bed.

This used to work fine up until a couple of days ago...nothing changed in firmware or software.

It calibrates the back fine, but when it gets to the front, it just alternates between high and low and even If I don't touch the adjuster, it sometimes changes from high to low...or vice versa.

Could this be anything to do with excess slurry on the contact faces?

I know I sometimes go over them slightly when coating plate.

I've had trouble in the past with the perf bed getting hung up on the shoulders of the SHCS on the front of the bed.  When that happens the bed height may not change on the front side until you've turned the adjusting far too much.  Then it changes far too much.  It seems to happen most when the adjusting screws are close to fully tightened.  Loosening the adjusting screws several turns at both front and back seems to help in those cases.

Mike

I've had trouble in the past with the perf bed getting hung up on the shoulders of the SHCS on the front of the bed.  When that happens the bed height may not change on the front side until you've turned the adjusting far too much.  Then it changes far too much.  It seems to happen most when the adjusting screws are close to fully tightened.  Loosening the adjusting screws several turns at both front and back seems to help in those cases.

Mike

Thanks Michael, but I don’t think this is the problem, I usually push the build plate down slightly to adjust the screws, as the nut and thread can sometimes turn together and not adjust anything. There seems to be clearance on the locating pins.

Could this be anything to do with excess slurry on the contact faces?

I know I sometimes go over them slightly when coating plate.

Good possibility.. Wipe clean with Acetone and try again.. This is why I prefer manual calibration.

Good possibility.. Wipe clean with Acetone and try again.. This is why I prefer manual calibration.

Well, I gave everything a good clean with acetone, and tried the calibration…exactly the same, never completes.

Not sure what can be wrong, as it has worked fine before.

I have run into this problem many times however 90% of the time it is solved by turning the printer off and leveling it manually like Kyle said. In the rare instances where the printer still bounces in between high and low I throw the level completely out and let it see how much it is off by and level it accordingly. If anything, check your connections.

-Michael

Found same problem. I have 3 M200. One is completely perfect, another two cannot complete calibration.

I manually calibrate using feeler gauge. but it seems point 1 and 3 is much lower than 2 and 4 (please see pic, i got it from other topic in this forum)

so when I higher point 1 to get the same level as 2, it makes point 4 a bit higher and point 3 a bit lower too (create more different height between point 4 and 3).

What makes it weird is that I use same plate (both metal and perforated plate) as the perfect one. So it might be the z-structure's problem?

Now 1-2-4 is the same level but 3 is a lot lower. I don't know what to do next, please help me.

Good day to all!

Excuse me for my bad English, but it's just a Google translation! I have the Zortrax for 1 week and I also have the problem of platform adjustment.

My solution:

I've been using a lock nut on the screw fixed the magnet so that it does not rotate when I rotate the knurled nut.
Since then, the platform calibration is done in 5 minutes. Add a lock nut at all 3 Screws !

Otherwise, the Zortrax M200 is a SUPER device with a print quality that is comparable to my Objet Eden 350V.

Greetings from Austria - Tirol!

Wolfgang

Z1.jpg

I had this a couple of times and the solution was to clean the perforated plate better. There was some ''ABS juice'' and junk between the metal plate and the perorated oneso that corner was too high. Clean thoroughly and repeat the calibration, it worked for me.

"it seems point 1 and 3 is much lower than 2 and 4

I use same plate (both metal and perforated plate) as the perfect one.

Now 1-2-4 is the same level but 3 is a lot lower."

If you take a moment to think about the shape of the surface of the build plate as stated from your measurements you will realize it is sort of potato chip shaped with corners 1 and 3 bent down in relation to 2 and 4, this could be caused by a small bit of plastic between the perf-board and metal plate, or the perf-board is just bent up in the shape described.

If you try to tram (level) the build surface to the nozzle you could get 3 extreme points to the same level but the 4th will always be low, you need to investigate the bend of the perf-board and get that solved.

Thank you, Drew.

I already done perforated plate maintenance (clean and level). Everything is ok.

And this same plate can be easily calibrated with another M200 (Auto calibrate 1 time ok).

So I don't think there's problem with plate.

I have also a problem with auto-calibration, and it happens since the second day I have the 3Dprinter in the office. 

The display are always something lithe this:

- Back right to low (and I rise it)

- Back right to low (idem)

- Back right to low (idem)

- Back left to low (and i rise it)

- Back left to low (idem)

- Back right to low

- Back left to low

- Back left to low

- Back left to low

- Back left to low

- Back right to low

- Back right to low

- Back right to low

and at least one of both nuts reaches the end of the screw, so I can't continue the calibration. Sometimes, the calibrations goes to the front, and it is there where the nut reaches the reaches the end of the screw.

I have tried the auto-calibration starting from the lowest position of the three nuts, and the result is the same. The calibration never ends... 

it did something similar to me the first time i calibrated it, i just turned it off and started over again

Don’t waste time with “auto” (lol!) calibration. Just shut it off and level manually; you’ll save time and your sanity.

That term "Automatic leveling" has always left a bad taste, it should be something more like "Assisted Manual Leveling", I want that trade marked right now!

B)