Automatic Desktop Plastic Injection Moulding Machine

I hope you don't mind me self-promoting my campaign ( https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/go-from-3d-printing-to-desktop-injection-moulding) here, I do not want to spam so this will be my only post and I think this information will be of some interest to this community in general.

Many-maker is a Desktop Plastic Injection Moulding machine which uses moulding tools cast from mould masters printed by your Zortrax 3D printer.

With Many-maker you can go from 3D printing to Injection Moulding right on your desktop.

Many-Maker is the easiest, fastest and cheapest way to reproduce your 3D printed parts.

A typical production run of a hundred small parts (1kg) will cost less than $12 and only take 3 or 4 hours.

Many-maker can make a positive difference in the world by turning makers into producers, enabling startups to get to market quicker than corporations, enabling aspiring talent to become startups. Using Many-maker in education can spark the belief in the next generation that WE can do it, we don't need to offshore it. To do this I need your help.

The campaign ( https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/go-from-3d-printing-to-desktop-injection-moulding) ends this Saturday, and is currently only 65% funded.  I have been in email contact with a few supporters who have promised they will still support me this week bringing the estimated support to 82%, only $4K or about 3 or 4 supporters short.

Thanks for your consideration.
Regards
Lafras

Looks very interesting. Good luck with it, hope you sell a lot of units!

John Tangerås

That is very cool I am very interested in it but I have so many questions I don’t know where to start your video was very interesting but did not give me a fraction of what I need to make a $1,500 investment do you have a website or other videos that gives us more information

My domain www-many-maker.com redirects to the campaign page,

To make the page easier to read some of the detailed information on each section has been folded under a "More ... >Details " button in each section. Click on that will open a wall of detailed text.

Feel free to ask any question.

A little bit small for a variety of projects.

180x50x36? 

Yes, it is quite small.

Unfortunately the physics involved in injection moulding means the force thus the size of the machine increases exponentially as the desired size of the moulded part increases. This is why to make something like a chair requires a 250 tonne machine.

So the desktop injection moulding machine is limited, but when you look around you will find many things containing small plastic parts.

There are plenty of uses, you may have an idea where you can also combine lots of technologies, electronics, laser-cut steel, larger printed parts and injection molded parts.

Many-maker simply wants to be part of the maker eco-system

Is $1758 the cost of the machine?

An injection molding machine is something I'm adding to my arsenal very soon, so I've been looking into them quite a bit lately. As of now, it's looking like this is the one I'm picking up next week - http://techkits.com/products/model-150a/

Does your unit offer any advantages over that?

Hi, 

Yes that is the price including worldwide shipping, and everything (including pellets) to get you started as a complete kit.

In terms of shot size they are quite similar.

The main difference is the model in the link is a completely manual machine, look for a video, for each part :you load 1 shot of plastic pellets with a "salt" shaker, press down on the lever with some force, un-clamp the mould, remove the part with pliers, close and re-clamp the mould, and redo....

The many-maker  is completely automated and wifi enabled, you fit the mould, load up to 2 kg of pellets in the hopper, set the settings from your phone app, and hit run, you go away and come back to a bag full of parts. If anything gets jammed the app will let you know.

Very good idea ! good luck.

Hi, 

Yes that is the price including worldwide shipping, and everything (including pellets) to get you started as a complete kit.

In terms of shot size they are quite similar.

The main difference is the model in the link is a completely manual machine, look for a video, for each part :you load 1 shot of plastic pellets with a “salt” shaker, press down on the lever with some force, un-clamp the mould, remove the part with pliers, close and re-clamp the mould, and redo…

The many-maker  is completely automated and wifi enabled, you fit the mould, load up to 2 kg of pellets in the hopper, set the settings from your phone app, and hit run, you go away and come back to a bag full of parts. If anything gets jammed the app will let you know.

Dear Lafras,

It’s very interesting.

Can I ask what material must be the mold?

The mold is made in two pieces? Therefore, the opening and closing are only along an axis?

thanks

To make the mold, there are multiple options, apart from the traditional CNC'ed mould, Many-maker has a mold casting system that uses hard silicone or epoxy casting depending on your need. The advantage of casting is it is a cheap and quick way to go from a printed part to a mold too.

Yes it uses a 2 part split mold, that opens along one axis exactly the same as industrial injection moulding. Advanced uses can build in slides an even make multi part tools, but for that you will need to CNC an aluminium tool.

To make the mold, there are multiple options, apart from the traditional CNC'ed mould, Many-maker has a mold casting system that uses hard silicone or epoxy casting depending on your need. The advantage of casting is it is a cheap and quick way to go from a printed part to a mold too.

Yes it uses a 2 part split mold, that opens along one axis exactly the same as industrial injection moulding. Advanced uses can build in slides an even make multi part tools, but for that you will need to CNC an aluminium tool.

with the opening and closing along a single axis, we must be careful in the squad (draft angle)

I am interested in your machine so keep me up to date when you have a production model and can give me more information about the machine itself there is no website no information about the machine so I am very skeptical but very interested

On the Indiegogo page there is a "follow" button.  Whenever I post a new update, you will get a reminder, so you can follow the progress and see the results once I start delivering.

Is this project still on? I need to buy one ASAP for my project.

Thanks.