Bad clacking noise when switching on

Dear all,

I noticed since yesterday that I have a big clacking noise 5 or 10 seconds after I switch on my Printer. Do you also have this noise ?

Is to come from heated bed side, starting stepper motors or fan cooler ?

Best Regards

difficult to say. I hear it from somewhere around the back. difficult to hear where exactly. It’s like when metal is getting temperature variation. It’s only one “clack”. Strange. I will try to record it tomorrow. I’m off to bed now

Thanks

Mine does that when it heats up and cools down. Just expansion and contraction from the heat I assume.

Oh … alright, then. It never did that before. That’s why I was worried.

[quote name=pilou74]Oh … alright, then. It never did that before. That’s why I was worried.
[/quote]

Mine has always done it. It sometime scares the crop out of me it is so loud :slight_smile:

good to know I’m not alone. Thanks guys ! :slight_smile:

[quote name=pilou74]Oh … alright, then. It never did that before. That’s why I was worried.
[/quote]

Mine didn’t do it originally either… I think maybe it started after I removed PCB or something but I’m not sure.

I just changed the filament spool on mine and it was making a strange squeezing noise, but I am 90% sure it the weight of the full spool and friction on the spool holder.

Mine makes that clacking noise, too. It must be the heat bed. Sometimes it’s there, sometimes not. But when it occurs, it’s loud!