Bad layers

I have had this printer for about 2 weeks now was printing GREAT until today. Bad layers and just over all bad prints. What could be wong?

What versión of z-suite are you using?? It looks more like a software, z-code file or design issue. I’ve seen some of it. Curious to see what the Zortrax crew has to say. The new version is some how leaving stronger raft than it used to do in v1

I also had a case of bad layers and bad print quality (although not like this). It left a lot of residue, missed some layers and small threads floating, it got solved by cleaning the nozzle deeply with acetone ( left curing for a while in acetone ) and then use the thread that came with the printer to clear up the nozzle hole.

Also, what software are you using to design those parts?

I have similar artifacts with objects that have long flat surfaces and that have other elements over them in some regions of the face, such as holes or logo embossed. Take a close look at the object attached, I have similar artifacts… I blame the z-suite software because it doesn’t seem logic that it’s a defect from the printer itself. However I might be wrong…

image.jpg

I have similar artifacts with objects that have long flat surfaces and that have other elements over them in some regions of the face, such as holes or logo embossed. Take a close look at the object attached, I have similar artifacts... I blame the z-suite software because it doesn't seem logic that it's a defect from the printer itself. However I might be wrong..

image.jpg

Yes I think it might be the software.

What are the issues you're referring to? It's hard to tell from your pics. 

And really, I'd say it all looks fairly normal. Is it different to what you were getting? If so, how?

Yes that is really really bad compared to what it normally does. Some how I fixed it not sure if it was the nozzle or something was out of wack. Follow there directions online loosed bearings and moved extruder around and re righted then. All is good now.

What are the issues you're referring to? It's hard to tell from your pics. 

And really, I’d say it all looks fairly normal. Is it different to what you were getting? If so, how?

I see some diagonal threads that go from corner to corner… Then for some reason it misses some in a very precise matter… This is consistent in every print of a flat surface… Maybe it’s normal but I think it can be corrected. I think the zcode file turns off the thread at some passes in a flat surface…

Looks like it’s happening again. Its really late here will post some pics later today.

I see some diagonal threads that go from corner to corner... Then for some reason it misses some in a very precise matter.. This is consistent in every print of a flat surface... Maybe it's normal but I think it can be corrected. I think the zcode file turns off the thread at some passes in a flat surface...

This is sadly a well known issue. Look for my post “bad surface finish” if you’re curious about the cause.

I did a little testing and found a little problem that could be related to this.

I design in SolidWorks 2014 and all my other printers and slicers do not have a problem with the models but the new Zortrax version 1 softwares have an aneurism when slicing the parts.

So I guess I will have to revert back to V0.0.9.6 until someone at Zortrax figures out where they went wrong.

Some have mentioned they could "fix" the problem by running the STL file through NetFab or such but I do not like the idea of passing our models through 3rd party programs to output a file that should already work, I cannot ask the engineers at my work to do this it is unprofessional.

Hope this gets some traction soonest, or is that too much to ask for?

Regards

Drew

Tried to upload the STL file and get an error 502, file skipped, file is 7.5MB and the blog site says it can handle up to 22.16MB.

Kind of buggie.

I did a little testing and found a little problem that could be related to this.

Western Digital makes the best phone cases! :)

Drew,

Have you installed the latest update?

I know they fixed the splitting issue I had but then of course I submitted a Bugtracker so they can be made aware of the issue and work on it. 

Just yelling at the wind in the forest isn't going to get it to stop. lol 

Cheers

Western Digital makes the best phone cases! :)

Was just using my personal phone case models as I don't think I can get everyone to sign an NDA.

Have you installed the latest update?

Yes, if you look closely you can see the version numbers in the upper corner of the images.

Interesting to note, when I take an STL into version 0.0.9.6 and save it as a .zproj and then open the file in a newer version of the software and attempt a print it still has the brain bleed leading to an ugly .Zcode file so no joy there.

I'll sign.. lol  Wait...DNR???? :D

Do Not Resuscitate?

"Non Disclosure Agreement"

I'm guessing you already knew this.

:P